PDA

View Full Version : Prequels/Sequels

Nihilistic Weasel
03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
There is another thread where I mentioned some movie sequels that I feel are better then the original, they are as follows

Mind you this is my personal opinion:

Terminator 2 : Judgement Day
The Godfather 2
The Empire Strikes Back (mind you this is part of a Trilogy...but this was my favorite)
Aliens (not Alien, I mean the second in the Alien Quadrilogy)
X2
The Devils Rejects (Sequel to House of 1000 Corpses)
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (HEAVILY debatable, I know)
Batman Returns (Best Batman movie overall, though the award for best Batman movie character goes to Jack Nicholson as the Joker in the original)

Anyone know any others? How about prequels that are better then the original? Do those exist?

I know Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning was better then The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (The re-make)

(PS We all know the original Tobe Hooper TCM is the best one!)

joker jr.
03-21-2007, 05:04 PM
uh....

the texas chainsaw massacre 2 was pretty good

um...friday the 13th part 2 (in which he just had a burlap sack on his head)

um...I can't really think of any more.

Nihilistic Weasel
03-29-2007, 07:21 AM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre part 2? The one with Dennis Hopper? That one, okay wasn't THAT bad, but it was funnier then it was supposed to be I think.

joker jr.
04-05-2007, 02:23 AM
I also watched a version of t.c.m called "the next generation" with matthew mcconaughey a while back.

Nihilistic Weasel
04-05-2007, 06:37 AM
*lol* THe one where he has the hydraulic leg. And the kinda older milf chick shows her boobs off...

Yeah that one was just funny... Leatherface looked like some white trash backyard wrestler or somethin

joker jr.
04-06-2007, 02:01 AM
yeah, and in that one, leatherface is hardly ever even shown.

"he's not dead, in fact, he moved just a second ago."
**crack** "now he's dead"

reagan
04-06-2007, 03:24 AM
That is one bad flick. Saw it when it first came out here on a double bill with Hellraiser 4 - which is a worse movie. But what value for money! lol

Nihilistic Weasel
04-06-2007, 06:28 AM
Yeah on their own, they are terrible, but combime them together! THat's like 3 hours of laughter...

Speaking of double features... GRINDHOUSE TONIGHT!!!!!

reagan
04-08-2007, 11:18 PM
Sigh.......wish I was there Nih. Would love to be amongst the enthusiasm of a real horror crowd. Tarantino said in an interview about 'grindhouse' customers being there for the movies - yelling back at the screen, throwing popcorn etc, and that's what they hope to achieve.
They're much more laid back here. Sigh.

Nihilistic Weasel
04-09-2007, 12:52 PM
*lol* Thats what I've heard, though I thought I was gonna see it over the weekend, looks like next weekend is when I will be going to see it...

Ce'st la vie....

Fallen Angel
04-22-2007, 07:42 PM
Well, I don't really like the sequels that are coming out...but I would like to go see Rob Zombie's remake of "Halloween", just to see what they've done to the original plot and storyline.

Nihilistic Weasel
04-23-2007, 07:06 AM
I fully agree. Rob Zombiehas style, and is a stickler for quality from what I can tell. I hope it is good

Speaking of Sequels, The Hills Have Eyes 2 should be out soon... if it's not already... I better check on that

Fallen Angel
04-23-2007, 08:06 AM
I saw the full trailer to "The Hills Have Eyes 2" and to me, I liked the original movie a lot better than the new remakes. These never really got my attention to be great for some reason, but "See No Evil" was one of my top favorites...which is kinda strange.

Nihilistic Weasel
04-23-2007, 11:24 AM
Originals are usually always better then re-makes...

And I think Godzilla proved that...

As did Texas Chainsaw...

But The Hills Have Eyes 1 was pretty good, nice and brutal and horrifying in a "What if that was my family" sense.

And I don't know what scares me more, the thought of my family being stranded in the desert without me being attacked by psychotic mutants....

Or that someone put "See No Evil" in their top favorites.... *lol* j/k but I didn't get into that one... the whole "Can't you see the sin?" thing was corny and the acting was as awkward as paralell parking a semi truck... Kane himself, though, he did well in that role. For the most part

Poison
09-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Once again the Hannibal films.
I agree with The Devil's Rejects. Rob Zombie is awesome.