PDA

View Full Version : The Exorcist

darkheart
09-22-2006, 03:07 AM
How scared were you when you first saw THE EXORCIST? Does it scare you every time you watch it? Please, share your opinions of this 1970s horror classic.

Wolfman99202
09-22-2006, 03:26 PM
This is The classic movie for the long loving Horror fan. When I saw this movie, I actually thought that I would become possessed by a demon from Hell. OOOPPPPSSSS!!! TOO LATE! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Helphyre
09-22-2006, 05:20 PM
It didn't really scare me, so much as fascinate me. I thought, and still do, that it was just one of the well-done movies out there. And the effects were pretty good, too! Not to mention, it was pretty shocking, from a theological standpoint.

darkheart
09-23-2006, 01:48 AM
When I first saw The Exorcist, it scared the hell out of me. But, it also strengthened my belief in demonic possession. Another movie I enjoyed tremendously is The Exorcism Of Emily Rose. For those of you who haven't seen The Exorcism Of Emily Rose, I highly recommend this movie. It was very well done. It may not be as scary as The Exorcist but it's stil a great film. Y'know, The Exorcist is the only horror film I ever saw that actually scared me. All the other horror movies I've seen didn't scare me. They may not have excited my fear but they did excite my blood-lust.

Red Hot
09-23-2006, 06:23 AM
I was very scared when I first saw the Exorcist and I had a fear of my bed rising above me.
This is an excellent thread, darkheart!

darkheart
09-23-2006, 01:02 PM
Why, thank you, Red Hot. I wanted to do a thread about one of my favorite horror films & I figured I'd go with the one horror film that really freaked me out.
I'll say one thing, after the first time I saw The Exorcist, it took me a few days to be able to start sleeping again like I normally do.

reagan
09-25-2006, 02:48 AM
No one says their age.

Iwas 14 when saw censored version, 15 when me and my friends saw "harder" version and were all bored by it. Fast forwarded many of it.
"Yours Mother sews socks in Hell" "Prom Night 2 - Hello Mary Lou", is far better than the Exorcist quote.

TheRatLady
01-20-2007, 07:58 AM
Isnt it amazing how movies can affect us? That we can still recall alot of them? Back in it's day the shower scene from PSYCHO scared alot of folks, for a long time ppl were afraid of being in thier showers. It's still a classic and its almost 47 years old!

joker jr.
01-28-2007, 07:59 PM
i never have managed to watch the entire movie,i always find it half-way over on tv,the exorcist i mean,psycho is rarely
on.

Pinhead'sgirl2469
05-06-2007, 06:22 AM
ok my mom saw it when she was 12 because her mom thought it was funny. she slept with the lights on for 6 weeks. and the frist coulpe of nights she slept on the floor in her parents room

irish and proud
05-06-2007, 12:59 PM
it was frightening when i saw it a few years ago but i laugh at it now its such a funny movie:D

supernaturalhorror
05-15-2007, 01:21 AM
I can't remember the first time I saw it but it still freaks me out..even if I watch it in the day time..definantly one horror I could not watch by myself at night.
I actually just picked the book up from a second hand shop..I'm hoping it's good.

Distantdaze
05-18-2007, 06:21 PM
It's an amazing movie...not just in the sense that they did some amazingly accurate effects, but in it's truth...it's accurate. Suggested reading is Ed and Lorraine Warren's "The Demonoligist". For every fan of "The Exorcist" I would suggest "The Legend of Hell House"...it's old, but it is good.

Distantdaze

supernaturalhorror
05-20-2007, 03:35 AM
Hey thanks for the recomendations..I'll check them out:).

E.F. Benson
05-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Many people don't understand what the movie was about. That the demon Pazuzu was using Regan (Linda Blair), to get a rematch with Father Merrin (Max von Sydow), and the subplot of Damian Karras (Jason Miller) fighting to keep his faith, and not lose his soul. For the time period, it was very scary and controversial, and "deeper" then some people realize.

Red Hot
05-23-2007, 02:04 AM
Indeed E.F. Benson.

greendaygirl
05-23-2007, 04:10 PM
The Exorcist has got to be THE BEST horror classic ever. It never really scared me but I still think the movie's plot was awesome.