PDA

View Full Version : Ringu 0

iScreamUscreamWeAllScream
08-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Heya! Anyone seen the movie that inspired The Ring (American version)?

It's called Ringu 0: Birthday

It's more sad than scary but I LOVED it!!

This is the Japanese version with subtitles of course.
I'm getting just Ringu next, the first one.
Ringu 0 is the prequel. Then there is Ringu 2!! Yaaay!

Has anyone seen Rasen? What is this movie??

Chishio
08-21-2006, 06:05 PM
I've heard of Ringu 0...I guess I should get it too! I have 1 and 2. So, what is it about? Is like when Sadako was alive or something? Oh, and I've never heard of Rasen :)

Nihilistic Weasel
08-22-2006, 02:19 PM
Never heard of Rasen, but if you like the Ringu series, check out Living Hell: A Japanese Chainsaw Massacre...

Even though there is no chainsaw, but it is hella gorey

08-22-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the suggestion Weasel-san!

Oh...Ringu 0 is the best one, I must say. It tells the story of how Sadako turned into the evil spirit!

It starts in present day and a girl is on her cell phone talking to a friend who saw the cursed video. Then it goes to Sadako as a young woman in her apartment. (guessing she's in college, old enough to live alone) She is very shy and sees strange things. and blah blah blah...cut to a girl named Aiko reciting a play (Sadako is in the drama club or troupe as they call it, but she doesn't act until an unfortunate event which I will not say because I don't want to give it away!!!)
Anyway, Sadako has somehow split into two people. Her father, a doctor, managed to keep the evil alter ego locked up and he gave her drugs to keep her from growing, so she stays as a child and she somehow gets out to kill people. You never see her face.
When someone picks on Sadako, her alter ego attacks to defend her, and people think Sadako is evil.

Don't read on unless you want to spoil the whole movie!!

Sadako begins to fall in love with a man, Toyama-san, and vice versa. So later the director of the play thinks Sadako wants to kill him and he tries to kill her. Toyama sees and defends her, accidentally killing the director. They hide him, and now Toyama is wounded badly. Sadako takes him to the hospital and is crying over him and she is wiping the blood. The doctor comes back to take another look at the wound on his head and sees it was healing fast. Then she realized she can heal people and she fixed a cripple's legs.

Anyway, by now the other Sadako is ruining her life. On the opening of her play, everything starts to get chaotic and a mob of people in the drama club chase her around a bit. Toyama is screaming the whole time and the mob beats her to death and brings her to her father's house to kill the other Sadako. I guess the two bodies were too close, she came back to life and they merged. Toyama tried to help her run away, not realizing that she was being taken over. She tells him to run. He doesn't want to. He says he loves her...boom she kills him.

blah blah blah the reporter woman and the tailor girl from the troupe are running and the possessed Sadako go to kill them. The reporter kills the tailor and herself from fear and Sadako is temporarily back to normal.

Her father finds her and takes her to the house and gives her something to "calm her down", which actually is to kill her. He says "Let's end this now."

Sadako runs through the forest and reaches a well. Her father takes an axe and hits her in the head. Then he proceeds to shove her into the well.

She has a dream that she wakes up and Toyama says "You were dreaming." She reahes out to touch his face...and she wakes up for real and her hand touches the inside of the well.

She screams "Toyama-san!! Toyama-saaan!" and starts to scream and cry so horribly that it made me cry!
Then it ended.

Chishio
08-25-2006, 09:48 AM
Ooh! I must buy this one! I'll get to find out who she really is! Too bad they don't show her face though...but I know what the actress looks like.

08-26-2006, 04:40 PM
They show her face in Ringu 0. She is very pretty!

I just watched Ringu 2 yesterday and can't wait to see Rasen (I just read that this is the original sequel to Ringu and the fans didn't like it so much so they made Ringu 2. Although I saw on a message board on IMDB that some people liked Rasen better. Never heard of remaking a sequal for fans. They don't do that here. They must really love their fans in Japan!)

Nihilistic Weasel
08-28-2006, 03:50 PM
Just saw a movie called "The Eye" it was really goo. It was about a girl who is blind and gets a surgery to fix her eyes, it is a success, but the girel is able to see things which others can not.

It was really good, mix The Sixth Sense with the Grudge will give you a good feel for this one, good cast, it was all in Chinese, but there was a really cute asian gal playing the lead and the subtitles were well done, in in a few cases, not being able to undersand what I was hearing made it creepier.

I may never ride an elevator alone again...EVER!!!

08-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Wow, sounds good! I will look it up! Thanks for the suggestion. I know a little Chinese, but not enough to survive without the subtitles!

Shadow Master
09-10-2006, 12:05 PM
I own ringu. It does seem cool.

09-11-2006, 02:43 PM
It's awesome!