PDA

View Full Version : Pulse movie

mr.sasquatch
08-14-2006, 05:45 AM
I saw Pulse on Saturday. Not a bad horror flick. Plenty of "jump at you" scenes but the only problem is you know when they are coming (the creepy music starts and the lights flicker). I thought from the preview that it was about a guy that dies and tries to communicate from beyond but its not like that at all. If you were thinking of seeing it, go for it.

Nihilistic Weasel
08-14-2006, 01:42 PM
Sweet, I heard it was about the dead coming through our electrical systems, something to that effect, reminds me of an RPG I ran for my friends years ago. I'll have to check that out! Thanks Bigfoot!

Red Hot
08-14-2006, 02:35 PM
I read it was about someone commiting suicide. Was it really that good? I want to see a good horror movie before I start work!

Looney Runes
08-14-2006, 03:32 PM
If this is another 'ghosts in the wires' movie...I won't be impressed. I'm glad to hear a good review of this one though. The previews certainly seem to scare our audiences!

Nihilistic Weasel
08-16-2006, 01:48 PM
I am seeing there are two other "Pulse" movies out there one frm 2004 which looks like a crime thriller kind of movie, I also see one made in 1988 about machines comeing to life and killing people...

Wonder if this one is a re-make

Would be kinda disappointing if it is, I mean the only good original horror flick I seen in theaters was Silent Hill...and that was based off a videogame

Chishio
09-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I saw the movie last night. It was awesome! So I can't wait until I see Kairo (the original japanese version)! It's gonna be even better! Japanese movies are the BEST!

Chishio
09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Nope, it's not a remake the two "pulses" you were reffering to, but it IS a remake! See my above post ^_^

iScreamUscreamWeAllScream
09-11-2006, 02:44 PM
I would never see the American one first. lol!

Nihilistic Weasel
09-11-2006, 03:37 PM
Oh ANOTHER Americanized import....

Man...it's a sad state of affairs, cinematically anyway....

mr.sasquatch
09-12-2006, 04:49 PM
If you hate American imports then you wont care to know that Grudge 2 is on the way. I thought the first one sucked anyways so I wont waste my time with the sequal.

Nihilistic Weasel
09-12-2006, 07:57 PM
Amen to that Bigfoot.....

Amen to that

Chishio
09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Yeah. It makes me mad when America does that! The only reason I went to see this movie was because I was really desparate to go the the cinema and that was the only horror movie playing. Hmmm....I wonder if Japan has ever turned an American film into a Japanese film...

Chishio
09-13-2006, 08:52 AM
I will see Grudge 2 though because it's still directed by the same Japanese director.

Nihilistic Weasel
09-15-2006, 04:08 PM
Well at least he will back his own export project...

But I didn't care for the Grudge, the visuals were pretty cool, the story wasn't bad, but even still I'll wait until the Grudge 2 is on DVD

Chishio
09-17-2006, 11:18 AM
I think he made it seem TOO American. The trailer for this one seems even more American, unfortunately... Well, at least Takako Fuji (kayako) is still in it. In a commentary she said she'd be replaced digitally in The Grudge 2, but IMDb says she's in it, I think. And I am relieved I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T LEAVE KAYAKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE U I DON'T WANT U TO GO!" lol!

russdire
08-19-2010, 01:13 AM
This movie is really interesting! I called it "Dawn Of The Dead for technology!"