PDA

View Full Version : Seen Lady in the Water? Got a review?

Looney Runes
07-23-2006, 10:01 PM
Any opinions on Lady in the Water? I liked unbreakable, but not the others. As I work in a theater, I see most of the new movies in bits and pieces...over and over and rarely sit down to watch anything unless someone convinces me I must see it. Just curious what the word is on this one...

Nihilistic Weasel
07-25-2006, 07:17 PM
Hmm I haven't seen it...and after The Village and Signs, I'm not paying 9 bucks for another M. Night Shyamalan movie. THough if my girlfriend drags me to see it. I'll let you know.

(Have it be known I do think Mr. Shyamalan is a brilliant and visionary director, The Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were really good but I found myself really bored by The Village and TOTALLY saw the ending coming...and let's face it...the end of Signs was terrible)

Looney Runes
07-26-2006, 02:01 AM
Since no one seems to care, I'll just say that that the pieces I have seen of the film didn't impress me. The creatures are lame. It just seems too much like his other films somehow. ( We aren't selling too many tickets either.)I don't think I will waste my time with this one.

Nihilistic Weasel
07-26-2006, 11:58 AM
I've seen the previews. And I've heard it draws alot from the Brothers Grimm fairy tales, which in themselves (minus the disney influences) are pretty scary in their original tellings, I heard that's what this was going to be like....still it's expensive to see a movie these days

iScreamUscreamWeAllScream
07-27-2006, 03:10 PM
It wasn't really a horror movie. Not to me anyway!
I did, however, like the scene where Cleveland was holding Story and she saw the monster, pointed, and started screaming, at which point Cleveland proceeded to shriek hysterically and run even though he hadn't seen the monster. I love Paul Giamatti (sp?), he is hilarious!

Nihilistic Weasel
07-28-2006, 01:31 PM
Was it worth the 9 bucks though?

07-29-2006, 02:05 PM
It was worth my mom's nine bucks! LOL

mr.sasquatch
08-01-2006, 05:17 AM
I dont plan on seeing it, but a co-worker saw it and she said it totally sucked. She said it wasnt scary at all and she almost fell asleep a couple of times. Plus that Night Shymalan guy cant act for crap so that made it worse. Her and I have the same view on horror movies so if she says it sucks, I'll believe it.

08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
It wasn't even labeled under Horror when I looked it up, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's not scary.