PDA

View Full Version : The Hills Have Eyes

Nihilistic Weasel
06-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Man just watched the "Unrated" version of this one....

I feel like I just watched a snuff film...

A mutant snuff film...

Plenty of good gore, no real scares other then the hideous mental scars from such vivid psychotic imagery...

Two thumbs up in my book!

Though I have a question to anyone has seen it.

I did not see it in theatres, this "unrated" version is the only one I've seen.

I can not imagine how much they would have had to cut to get this theatre worthy.

Anyone have any comparisons what was left out? Toned down? Or spiced up for the DVD?

Chishio
07-04-2006, 09:07 PM
I couldn't find any differences at all when I watched the unrated version.

Nihilistic Weasel
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
None? Hmm wonder what was so unrated about it....

Prolly just a marketing ploy.

Slap "Unrated" on it, bam think you're getting something more then you are.

biggizmo54
07-08-2006, 07:48 PM
The DVD was Editors Edition...this is all the version there is...as the original rating is concerned, it was not yet rated for theatre. There is no difference. The rating only occurs for theatres...which is lame, because you could rate this two ways...PG for violence and profanity...or R for extreme violence...there is no nudity to mention, therefore, I would only rate it PG 13. I expect to see it on SciFi channel in the near future. You now have an official Critics Review. It was a cross between "House of a 1000 Corpses" and the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" both of these films were 50cent ratings and of class C movie levels. Therefore, I give the movie one thumb up, and would not pay admission to view it. In my expert opinion...it would have just been a way to spend an extreme amount of money on some stale popcorn and a very watered down too much ice Cola.

Looney Runes
07-10-2006, 04:50 AM
It seems to have more gore.Bits added on here and there. The scene with the father burning seems really longer. I saw it in the theater (with a cold guinness, no popcorn) and the dvd. I had fun watching it.

Da Weiner
07-10-2006, 10:27 AM
I've just rented it and watched it Saturday night. I thought it was a descent film. Good gore and kept me interested. I thought the dog, Beast, was the hero of the film. I heard that they will be filming shortly the sequel to the remake soon. I have never watch the original Wes Craven movie so now I might have to do that.

Nihilistic Weasel
07-10-2006, 12:36 PM
The DVD was Editors Edition...this is all the version there is...as the original rating is concerned, it was not yet rated for theatre. There is no difference. The rating only occurs for theatres...which is lame, because you could rate this two ways...PG for violence and profanity...or R for extreme violence...there is no nudity to mention, therefore, I would only rate it PG 13. I expect to see it on SciFi channel in the near future. You now have an official Critics Review. It was a cross between "House of a 1000 Corpses" and the original "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" both of these films were 50cent ratings and of class C movie levels. Therefore, I give the movie one thumb up, and would not pay admission to view it. In my expert opinion...it would have just been a way to spend an extreme amount of money on some stale popcorn and a very watered down too much ice Cola.

Can't say as I wholly agree on that Gizmo, but as I will admit anytime, I have low expectations for horror movies, so just about anything will tickle my fancy, but what is a flick you would give two thumbs up? Just for comparison.

Nihilistic Weasel
07-10-2006, 12:37 PM
I've just rented it and watched it Saturday night. I thought it was a descent film. Good gore and kept me interested. I thought the dog, Beast, was the hero of the film. I heard that they will be filming shortly the sequel to the remake soon. I have never watch the original Wes Craven movie so now I might have to do that.

You know I have never seen the original either, I didn't know there was an original until i was watching "the making of" bit on the DVD...think I'll be joining you on that.

Richard Cranium
02-25-2011, 12:14 PM
This remake had good gore, but didn't have Michael Berryman.

iHaunt
02-25-2011, 09:47 PM
I do like both the original and the remake of "THHE", but I really didn't like part 2 at all. :rolleyes:

Richard Cranium
02-26-2011, 02:59 PM
Part 2 was horrible.

iHaunt
02-26-2011, 09:13 PM
You mean, the original part 2 or the remake of part 2? Well, I didn't please the original part 2, but the second part remake is okay... too gory and a little strong sex scene in the nearest end of the movie. You see where the cannibal disfigured face raped in the woman's ass? LOL

Richard Cranium
02-27-2011, 08:40 AM
You mean, the original part 2 or the remake of part 2? Well, I didn't please the original part 2, but the second part remake is okay... too gory and a little strong sex scene in the nearest end of the movie. You see where the cannibal disfigured face raped in the woman's ass? LOL

I hated the sequel to the remake, but I did like where the cannibal disfigured face raped in the woman's ass.

Kincaid
02-27-2011, 09:44 AM
The remake was ok, better than the sequel.

The dog got to have a flashback in the original sequel which is kind of amazing in a really bad way.

nancylives!
02-27-2011, 10:49 AM
I hated the sequel to the remake, but I did like where the cannibal disfigured face raped in the woman's ass.
that was really your favorite part of the remake sequel? yikes.

i liked the remake sequel. it painted the u.s. military as a bunch of ill-equipped buffoons who are completely out of their element, which is always something i can get behind (i mean no disrespect to those who serve; my grandfather and father and many others are vets, i honor their service and sacrifice. i just don't like the imperialistic intrusiveness of our country into others). i also thought the cutting of that guy and dumping him in an outhouse was a pretty clever kill, leaving him to die of infection. i saw wes and his son johnathan speaking about writing the script one weekend in a hotel room, and it just kinda tickled my fancy. not great by any stretch, but i enjoyed it.

The_Real_Kyle_Sember81
02-27-2011, 09:52 PM
The remake is better than the original. Both part 2's suck.