PDA

View Full Version : Silent Hill

hauntmaster
04-20-2006, 12:48 PM
This Silent Hill movie is opening at the theaters tomorrow. So, who is going to see it??

The eerie and deserted town of Silent Hill attracts a desperate mother who is looking for a cure to her only child's illness.

Directed by Christophe Gans, and the starring casts included Rahda Mitchell, Sean Bean, Laurie Holden and Deborah Kara Unger.

Rated R - Horror violence, disturbing images and gore, some language.

Da Weiner
04-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I think I'm going next week to see it. I check out the times at the theaters around my way and also read some of the reviews. It seems it was split down the middle as far as liking it/disliking it. I think I'm going to see it because it looks like something different that what we have been exposed to and for once, it's not another remake!!!

Shadow Master
04-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I'm looking forward to it,

hauntmaster
04-21-2006, 12:20 PM
I'm looking forward to it,

Shadow, if you're going to see it... Please share your thoughts here. I like to read about it.

Dark Flesmus
05-21-2006, 12:16 PM
Silent Hill is one of my favorite horror stories, I've got all the games too! The most was so crazy, I must buy it. My all time favorite character is Maria from Silent Hill 2, I love her, and she's kinda creepy too. ;) Oh my gosh I just want to tell everyone about the movie, I just don't want to spoil it, it's too good, GO SEE IT SH fans!! Yerness with the scary vasy pop staims!! Eitaksiesieisieiseisieisieisiesi lol Errr, that was random.. :mad:

alphaomega9997
01-31-2010, 02:14 AM
I Think This Movie Deserves to Be a Horror Classic it Perfectly Translate into Film.

The Movie had The Same Atmosphere of Dread, Sadness, and Revenge as The Games and The Storyline (Just Like The Game) felt like a Very adult Fairy Tale with a Strong Horror Slant.

Then when The World turned into a Nightmare version it was Cool as Hell and when Pyramid Head First appeared with His Giant Sword was just as Awesome.

I Hope The Sequal that is going to Be Made after The New "Resident Evil" is Finished being Made turns out just as Good as this One was.

Lytherial
02-02-2010, 07:34 PM
They're working on Silent Hill 2... FINALLY...

iHaunt
02-02-2010, 08:41 PM
Yup... they're still working on this second part. ;)

DorianDawes
02-13-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm more intrigued about the second film than I was the first. In my opinion, the film feels less like a horror movie, and more like a fantasy film. It's even lit like a fantasy film. Now, while I understand it was meant to incorporate several science-fiction/fantasy elements, I was quite disappointed that I wasn't given the terrifying experience that I've encountered so often in the game franchise.

The games are incredibly dark. There are times when you're questioning what you see in front of you. You're alone, secluded. The chance times you run into someone, it's normally a strange and dreamlike meeting. It's a game that feels very much like a strange dream, with familiar faces popping in and out between the nightmares.

Despite the film's faults, I highly-enjoyed the set-design, and incredible cast, most notably the work of Alice Krige as Sara Bellum. She's an intimidating presence, and plays the character remarkably well. Also, the finale where Alessa storms the church with barbed wire is beautiful, exciting, and operatic.

I am hoping that the next film will be lit like Silent Hill, and not just try to recreate the environments of it. I'm also excited to see that the always-charming Sean Bean will be taking more of a lead role. I've always thought that he looked eerily similar to the protagonist from Silent Hill II, and it will be interesting to see how the story ties to the game.