PDA

View Full Version : Classic HORROR Monsters!

Trippers
07-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Who's your favorite Classic Horror Monsters? I would have to say I have two favorites that star's Bela Legosi. Who would ever forget his character roles that made him so famous, and a part of the HORROR movie history of memorabilia. My two favorite of all time HORROR monsters would be Count Dreacula and Frankensten. The charectors were so orignal for the starting of first HORROR, and today they remain an icon of Horror Hall and fame. ;)

I Luv Horror!
Do You Blame Me?
The Spiderweb Crypt (http://www.thespiderwebcrypt.vze.com)
The Spiderweb Crypt Forum (http://com3.akheva.com/bthespiderwebcrypt)

Spookshow Baby
07-29-2003, 05:40 PM
I never really watch really old horror movies.The ones I like are somewhat newer.

I love horror movies.I dont know why,but I get a thrill out of being scared.

Morticia
07-29-2003, 07:40 PM
My favorites are Bela as Dracula, any of the zombie flicks (especially Tom Savini in Dawn) and I have a passion for the wolfman, I think it's because the make up is so fun to do.

when there's no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth.

Wicked
07-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Definitly the Creature---But I want to throw in my fav Dracula, that has to be form the old Hammer films, Cristopher Lee. ^

Wicked

GremlinzGuy
07-30-2003, 01:09 AM
i would have to agree with tippers..only because my uncle is the current copyright owner of Dracula...or so i believe..

Spookshow Baby
07-30-2003, 08:42 AM
Thats so cool!

Wicked
07-31-2003, 02:16 PM
Gremlinzguy--Who is your Uncle? And why does he own the copy rights?

Wicked

GremlinzGuy
07-31-2003, 10:10 PM
My uncle is Kurt Hanson, he helped Art Clecko (sp) creat Gumby...and he had the copy rights for gumby for a short while before he sold them to Sony. and i have absolutely no clue why he might have the copy rights to Dracula..he just emailed me one day and said he was dracula's business partner...and some other things...i forgot how he put it but it inferred very heavily that he had it or was very close to getting it.

Wicked
08-01-2003, 12:13 AM
Kurt Hanson? The freelance businesses reporter and correspondent for Space
News? Also the licensing agent for Gumby, Ziggy and Dracula? .....cool

Wicked

Spookshow Baby
08-01-2003, 10:05 AM
That IS so cool hun!

GremlinzGuy
08-01-2003, 01:59 PM
so you know about my uncle?...it appears you know more about him then i do...

GremlinzGuy
08-01-2003, 02:02 PM
got any more info on him?..i haven't talked to him in a while.

Spookshow Baby
08-01-2003, 02:10 PM
hehe

Wendy!Darling,love of my life!You didnt let me finish my sentance.I said Im not gonna hurt you.Im not gonna hurt ya.Im just gonna bash your brains in.Im gonna bash em right the f**k in!
Jack-The Shining

GremlinzGuy
08-02-2003, 04:00 PM
so she stops posting...man...i was hoping she could tell me more.

zombie
08-02-2003, 08:15 PM
My fav horror creature, was the zombie girl in "NOTLD". I think her name was K---. Kira? Something like that...

^V^Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once, and you suck forever.^V^

ĄZombie The Living Dead GirlĄ

Dr. Craven the magician
08-02-2003, 08:30 PM
So, kiddies, if I'm hearing you correctly...you all like horror flicks. And you all like every horror flick. In fact, there isn't a horror flick any of you DON'T like? Heh heh heh. Well, then, I suggest the lot of you check out a video company called "Mindless Movies" and sit down and watch THEIR playlist. They, somehow, have managed to put together a list of horror flicks WORSE than what Elvira could have dreamed of in her hey-day! I'm talking extreme turkeys like "The Wasp Woman" and "The Angry Red Planet" (although when I was 10, I kinda digged that one). I mean, tonight I suffered through "The Killer Shrews." No, this wasn't some flick about every ex-wife every guy has ever paid alimony too, this was a Night of the Living Dead wanna be (odd since it was made before Romero was out of grade school) involving little rat creatures that evil science has turned to the size of dogs. In fact, the creatures ARE dogs in killer shrew masks. But they eat everyone except the muscle bound boat captain who never loses his stupid cap and the Scandidavian blonde bimbo who can't keep all of the buttons over her impresive cleavage buttoned.
This is classic drive in to the max!!!
But LIKEABLE????
come on!!!!!!

It's only magic...if you believe...

zombie
08-02-2003, 08:51 PM
Oi, I know what you mean. Sometimes they just try too hard, or the plot was placed in a very stupid part of the film. I've had this happen to me before, a movie called "May". It's by "Lion Gate Films". I think that the "Lion Gate Films" are wannabe Hollywood movies, with terrible plots, and even more terrible acting. Some movies, you just gotta say "C'MON! YOU GOTTA TRY HARDER THAN THAT!", if you catch my drift. ;)

Dr. Craven the magician
08-02-2003, 09:18 PM
The only excuse for stuff like this was that dying art called "The drive in". For any of you too young to have experienced this phenomenon, the drive in was a really large parking lot with a theater screen at one end and a burger and pizza take out place in the center. Anyone who was ever sixteen went there, and most of the Generation X babies were made in the back seats of cars parked there with speakers in the window. That's why microwave popcorn with massive amounts of butter has gotten so popular with younger people these days. Microwave popcorn was scientifically formulated to taste exactly like Drive In popcorn...it's a signal...like crop circles...that the true masters of insanity are ready to take over the world. If all of you think I'm nuts, then why is an idiot like George Bush president without having even been elected, and why does every moron you meet seem to think that "The Matrix" is really profound? Didn't any of these people read "The Atom" or "Ant-Man" when they were kids...or are drugs as bad for everyone as the establishment says?

Wicked
08-02-2003, 09:27 PM
I think "Lion Gate Films" is going to be releasing a film called "Undead" next month in AUSTRALIA...and I'm sure some how it relates to Kevin Bacon in six moves or less....Uh Magicman?

Wicked

zombie
08-02-2003, 09:31 PM
[B)] We still have a drive-in, a little ways out of town. It's rarely used. The last movie I ever saw there was "Dinosaurs", a pathetic excuse for a movie, and a waste of good film. Except the popcorn place sells popcorn/sodas/other junk, and they don't have speakers, you set your radio to a certain station, and the sound plays through your car.

Wicked
08-02-2003, 09:35 PM
Nu-Uh! No way! Really? Man, talk about CHEEZY!

Wicked

zombie
08-02-2003, 09:37 PM
Yeah. I like our theatre better. The last movie I saw there...hmm...I forget...it was a really long time ago. It sucks, because they don't play movies during the summer.

Dr. Craven the magician
08-02-2003, 09:39 PM
I know, Wicked. I mean, who ever heard of a Drive in with Speakers in the window...well, except for the South Bay Drive in...and it became a gang haven for drug sales, didn't it? All I can say is that it was a really poor replacement for Lion's Drag Strip...now that was a class joint in league with the Pomona Speedway. What say you, Wicked, my darling?

Wicked
08-02-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh yeah! Pomona Speedway, the old Riverside Dragway........man, did you bring back some memories!

Wicked

Dr. Craven the magician
08-02-2003, 09:54 PM
You betcha, darling! I mean, Lion's dragstrip rocked! The Southbay Drive, not so much. Although I do remember going to a really bitchin KMET radio promotional showing of "Creepshow" there. It was SUCH a party that I had to got to another theater to actually see the movie...and then it only seemed like a sorta deja vu. But I'm SURE I've told you this story before!

By the way, Wicked. Sean is beautiful. Congradulations to you and particularly Mysty! What a total rush!

Wicked
08-02-2003, 10:59 PM
Thanx Magicman, we're all very proud--And the "Creepshow" story is one I haven't heard yet--maybe you can tell me sometime. I'll tell Eerie Myst you said congrats, and I'm sure she'll be in touch when she can get around better.

Wicked

Wicked
08-03-2003, 01:57 AM
Great Pumpkin? Damn, they do that here too? I never did like that. They should make it Baron Blood or Baroness which ever applies, or ANYTHING but Great Pumpkin! That's so...so, Fluffy!

Wicked

Dr. Craven the magician
08-03-2003, 01:31 PM
Geez, Wicked. Do you remember whose idea "Great Pumpkin" was? As I recall, at the time Crypt Keeper was the highest level you could attain. Then there was this debate over what the next classification should be. A lot of people liked "Mad Scientist." A lot of posters liked it, but a whole lot of others didn't. The debate raged until I came up with "The Great Pumpkin," inspired from "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." So, GremlinzGuy, you can sorta blame me!

Dr. Craven the magician
08-03-2003, 02:10 PM
Oh, yes, and by the way, Wicked, tell Eerie Myst that I hope she's up and about soon, and that I can hardly wait to hear from her!

Ghostmaster-7
08-03-2003, 04:35 PM
Dracula and The Grim Reaper

Son of Thunder
http://www.ghostnet7.org

Morticia
08-03-2003, 09:40 PM
The Drive in's around here are still running 2 screens 7 days a week, it is AWSOME

when there's no more room in hell, the dead shall walk the earth.

GremlinzGuy
08-05-2003, 12:38 AM
ok i'll blame you then cuz it is a really lame final name man. although i love charlie brown i don't agree with the use of the term here.

GremlinzGuy
08-05-2003, 12:39 AM
oh yeah why don't you just email Wicked instead of posting rude things to her on this? i mean thats all your doing.

darkheart
09-18-2006, 01:58 PM
Definitely Dracula & Frankenstein. Bela Lugosi was wonderful as the legendary vampire & Boris Karloff was excellent as The Monster. Colin Clive's portrayal of Dr. Frankenstein was also terrific. Horror films are so cool!

Coffindan
09-19-2006, 12:29 PM
Lugosi, Karloff and Chaney.....gotta love em! Also Creature From The Black Lagoon, Incredible Shrinking Man and The Thing From Another World....man I got so much to watch!

Helphyre
09-20-2006, 11:49 PM
I miss the old ones. They don't get shown on cable as much as they used to. I remember House on Haunted Hill, with Vincent Price. That voice! It made the movie, I think.

Definitely Dracula & Frankenstein. Bela Lugosi was wonderful as the legendary vampire & Boris Karloff was excellent as The Monster. Colin Clive's portrayal of Dr. Frankenstein was also terrific. Horror films are so cool!

darkheart
09-21-2006, 02:40 AM
I miss the old ones. They don't get shown on cable as much as they used to. I remember House on Haunted Hill, with Vincent Price. That voice! It made the movie, I think.

I never saw that movie, but I do remember Vincent Price. That man had a voice that gave people the chills. I remember having this spooky feeling everytime I heard him speak. It sucks that he's dead. Vincent Price was a
real legend.

Helphyre
09-21-2006, 10:50 PM
I never saw that movie, but I do remember Vincent Price. That man had a voice that gave people the chills. I remember having this spooky feeling everytime I heard him speak. It sucks that he's dead. Vincent Price was a
real legend.

Egad, you've never seen that one? I'm shocked ;) Let's see, the movies I've seen with him in them that I can recall right off the bat are, uh, The Abominable Doctor Phibes, The Masque of the Red Death, HOHH of course, House of Usher, House of Wax, um, let's see, what was it called...Diary of a Madman, I think. I wish I could remember more, but oh well. :)

Coffindan
09-22-2006, 07:07 AM
real legend.

Check out this site. There are quite a few Vincent Price records that this guy has ripped to mp3. I love them! Price's voice is excellent for telling ghost stories and reading Poe.

http://scarstuff.blogspot.com/

Coffindan
09-22-2006, 07:08 AM
Egad, you've never seen that one? I'm shocked ;) Let's see, the movies I've seen with him in them that I can recall right off the bat are, uh, The Abominable Doctor Phibes, The Masque of the Red Death, HOHH of course, House of Usher, House of Wax, um, let's see, what was it called...Diary of a Madman, I think. I wish I could remember more, but oh well. :)

Yeah Price's movies are readily available for cheap on dvd, especially House On Haunted Hill and The Bat among others. I just ordered House of Usher/Pit and The Pendelum on dvd. Diary of A Madman is an excellent film too!

E.F. Benson
05-22-2007, 07:19 PM
I'll mention Max Schreck who played Count Orlock in the 1922 classic "Nosferatu".

joker jr.
05-22-2007, 07:35 PM
ah yes, the vampire movie.

Mr. White
01-29-2008, 10:25 PM
The Wolf Man

Double L
02-26-2008, 05:14 AM
Dr Phibes. Awesome.

Bataeu
03-11-2008, 12:34 AM
Don't know if you can call her a monster (she did come back from the dead), but Princess Asa Vajda from Black Sunday comes to mind.

Bataeu
03-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Actually, just watched Blood Feast.
Fuad Ramses is more of a monster than Princess Asa Vajda.

Hellboy
03-13-2008, 04:24 AM
Freddy Kruger is a great horror (http://www.csun.edu/%7Ejlg70068/travel/horror.html) monster at least from my perspective. :)

Little bit old school but still great. I heard they want to make a remake but without Englund.