PDA

View Full Version : What Ever Happened to Baby Jane

DorianDawes
02-13-2010, 06:03 PM
One of the best, and perhaps the cleverest horror film ever made. The film's writing is impeccable, and Bette Davis gives the best performance of her career (excluding All About Eve). In my opinion, the subtleties of this macabre psychological-thriller are more effective than the cheesy shock-tactics of most modern horror films.

Check it out:

YouTube- What Ever Happened to Baby Jane? - Jane Snaps

Greg
02-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Wow, that was really nice! Looks like my kind of movie!

DorianDawes
02-14-2010, 08:19 AM
Wow, that was really nice! Looks like my kind of movie!

If you don't idolize Bette Davis now, you will after you watch this movie. The makeup artists wanted to make her look glamorous, but Bette Davis insisted she look as monstrous as they could make her.

juniordriftwood
02-14-2010, 10:59 AM
This film is a classic through and through,outstanding writing,superb direction,Betty is monstrously brillant and a performance that lingers in the mind after the movie is over.Joan Crawford herself tries to hold her own in the role of the tortured sister giving a understated and amazing performance.The screen is however dominated by Davis with her chewing up the screen.Despite the dominant presence of Davis,the scenes with Davis and Crawford together are simply unforgettable.Must see for any true horror fan.

Greg
02-14-2010, 11:07 AM
I recall seeing this DVD when Virgin Records was still open. Virgin Records was becoming my Heaven as I was picking up some really old horror films, a lot of them I didn't really even know, but just picked up randomly. Films like The Bad Seed. I did see this also and planned to pick it up, but the damn store closed down which really upset me.