PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Horror?

Greg
01-16-2010, 05:20 PM
In the horror film genre (any other horror media) there are various sub-genres ranging from supernatural to comedy to splatter. A lot of them very easily blend various sub-genre together. What are your favorite sub-genres of horror?

TheWizardOfGore
01-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I like 'em all, but my favorites would probably have to be Splatter, Action, Slasher, Horror Comedy and Psychological.

iHaunt
01-16-2010, 09:44 PM
I didn't vote - but I'd like to vote almost all of everything! ;)

Greg
01-16-2010, 09:54 PM
The go for it, iHaunt. No one's stopping you. :D

iHaunt
01-17-2010, 01:08 PM
Ok, I voted for slasher movies. :D

Greg
02-12-2010, 05:36 PM
Bumping this for all the new members.

alphaomega9997
02-12-2010, 07:11 PM
I like Movies from All The Horror Sub-Genre's but "Supernatural Horror" is My Favorite with "Slasher" being Second.

DorianDawes
02-12-2010, 07:19 PM
I'm of the firm belief, and in agreement with the found of the Horror-Writer's Association, that the best kind of horror is the kind that defies the label of the genre, and instead hides itself as something else while still invoking those same feelings of terror.

If I were to choose a sub-genre, I would have to go with surreal-horror. I'm a fan of surrealism enough already, as well as German-Expressionism, so any time I see something particularly surreal and beautiful in the realm of horror, I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame.

This is probably why the Books of Blood remain on of my favorite horror books, for the strange and fantastic imagination of Clive Barker, and why one of my favorite horror films is as listed, The Carnival of Souls