PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming 2010 Horror Movies

Randy
01-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Here's some of the upcoming horror movies to look forward to in 2010, along with their release dates:

January

Daybreakers (January 8, 2010)
The Lovely Bones (January 15, 2010)
Legion (January 22, 2010)

Also coming in January, the After Dark Horrorfest--8 Films to Die For, all of which come out on January 29, 2010. They say on their website that the movies will show in "all major cities", but I don't see a Dallas theater listed there yet, damn it.)

Dread (Based on the Clive Barker story.)
Hidden
Kill Theory
Lake Mungo
The Final
The Graves
The Reeds
Zombies of Mass Destruction

February

Frozen (February 5, 2010)
The Wolfman (February 12, 2010)
Shutter Island (February 19, 2010)
The Crazies (February 26, 2010)

March

Season of the Witch (March 19, 2010)

April

Repo Men (April 2, 2010)
Piranha 3D (April 16, 2010)
A Nightmare on Elm Street (April 30, 2010)

May

Mother's Day (May 9, 2010)

June

Jonah Hex (June 18, 2010)
The Twilight Saga: Eclipse (June 30, 2010)

July

Predators (July 7, 2010)
Beastly (July 30, 2010)

August

Priest (August 20, 2010)

September

Resident Evil: Afterlife (September 10, 2010)The Roommate (September 17, 2010)

October

Saw VII (October 22, 2010)

December

Hereafter (I don't know much about this one other than it's directed by Clint Eastwood, and it's described as his first "supernatural thriller.")

There are some other horror movies which may or may not be upcoming in 2010 depending on scheduling. Some of the more notable ones include:

30 Days of Night: Dark Days
All About Evil (This one has Natasha Lyonne, which makes it watchable in my book.)
Altitude
Area 51
The Bleeding (The Wizard of Gore will be excited about this because he's a Vinnie Jones fan.)
Buried
Darkening Sky
Dead of Night (with Brandon Routh, no less! I'm more excited about the inclusion of Peter Stormare though.)
Death Race: Frankenstein Lives
The Descent: Part 2
Devil (M. Night Shyamalan is producing.)
Hatchet 2
Hereafter
The Horde
The Human Centipede
Let Me In
Mile Zero
Mirrors 2
My Soul to Take (A new movie from Wes Craven!)
Night of the Demons
The Pack
Prey
Psychosis (Starring Charisma Carpenter--I'm there.)
[REC] 2
The Resident (I never thought I'd get to type this, but...this is a new movie from Hammer Films.)
Road Train
Scream of the Banshee
Shelter (With Julianne Moore.)
Splice (With Adrien Brody and Sarah Polley.)
Stake Land (Vampire movie with Kelly McGillis and Danielle Harris)
Tell-Tale (This one looks really cool and features Brian Cox. I love Brian Cox movies.)
The Violent Kind
The Ward (I don't know a release date for this one, but I wish I did, because it's a new John Carpenter movie. Yes! A new John Carpenter movie!)

What do you think of this year's lineup? Does it look like it's going to be a good year for horror movies, a bad year for horror movies, or so-so?

Greg
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
There's gonna be good ones and crappy ones. I'm definitely looking forward to Shutter Island and Wolfman. When is Clint Eastwood's horror movie coming out? I can't wait to see that.

iHaunt
01-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Thanks a lot for posting the upcoming 2010 horror movies thread, Randy! :D

If I find out anything, then I'll keep you updated here. ;)

Randy
01-07-2010, 05:40 AM
My pleasure. I'll try to update it as more movies get announced and stuff too.

Randy
01-07-2010, 05:50 AM
There's gonna be good ones and crappy ones. I'm definitely looking forward to Shutter Island and Wolfman. When is Clint Eastwood's horror movie coming out? I can't wait to see that.

It's called Hereafter, and it's tentatively scheduled for December. I added it to the list in the original post too.

iHaunt
01-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Hey! Just wanted to let you know about a new Western Zombie movie that is coming out anytime....

It's called "Devil's Crossing". Actually I didn't find anything from IMDB online. But here is the website: www.devilscrossingmovie.com (http://www.devilscrossingmovie.com)

iHaunt
01-07-2010, 09:22 PM
FYI: Check this out below!

www.imdb.com/title/tt1212419 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1212419)

It's called Hereafter, and it's tentatively scheduled for December. I added it to the list in the original post too.

iHaunt
01-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Season of the Witch - I heard it sounds good! This looks like a good one! Someone saw this preview on Christmas Carol 3D. Very dark... looks pretty good... this is the first person has seen about time.

A Nightmare On Elm Street (remake) - New Elm Street DVD set!

Check this out to read the complete story, and view the new dvd artwork!
http://hauntedradio.50webs.com/news.html#elmdvdset

Randy
01-11-2010, 03:58 PM
I've updated the list with the 8 Films to Die For coming January 29, and to include the wide release of Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones.

Randy
01-11-2010, 04:16 PM
I also updated the list to add several more movies.

iHaunt
01-12-2010, 01:45 PM
Thanks for adding several movies! :D

If I do find out more upcoming horror movies, then I'll post some here. ;)

I also updated the list to add several more movies.

Randy
01-13-2010, 06:02 AM
One of my 2010 goals is to see every horror movie that gets a theatrical release here in the USA. Although if something gets a very limited release, it might not show in my area.

Greg
01-13-2010, 09:57 AM
One of my 2010 goals is to see every horror movie that gets a theatrical release here in the USA. Although if something gets a very limited release, it might not show in my area.

Youch. Good luck with that, my friend.

iHaunt
01-13-2010, 12:44 PM
And, don't forget that "Lost Boys: The Thirst" is not the theatrical release - it will release to DVD this year, I hope... :)

iHaunt
01-24-2010, 09:45 PM
By the way.... Randy, I would like to update this new upcoming horror vampire movie for this year.... but really don' know the exactly release date as yet....

BloodRayne 3: Warhammer (2010)
www.imdb.com/title/tt1159482 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1159482)

Ok, so anyone seen BloodRayne and the second part? I did see both of them, but I do prefer the first one the best than the second one. ;)

iHaunt
01-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Behold The Gnarly Magnificence Of PIRANHA 3-D!!!

Check this out: www.aintitcool.com/node/43635 (http://www.aintitcool.com/node/43635)

Makes me wanna go to Long John Silver's or Captain D's Seafood restaurant to eat some more fish and other seafoods. LOL That is very well done. ;)

TheWizardOfGore
01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
By the way.... Randy, I would like to update this new upcoming horror vampire movie for this year.... but really don' know the exactly release date as yet....

BloodRayne 3: Warhammer (2010)
www.imdb.com/title/tt1159482 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1159482)

Ok, so anyone seen BloodRayne and the second part? I did see both of them, but I do prefer the first one the best than the second one. ;)

They both sucked (no pun intended), but the first one certainly had a better cast. Poor Ben Kingsley...I guess he needed a new yacht or something.

BASSI
01-28-2010, 05:07 AM
When scream 4 coming out?
also Paranormal activity 2 will be going out the same day SAW 7 IN 3D

iHaunt
01-31-2010, 01:08 PM
Not so sure about SCREAM 4..... Eventually I really have no idea if SAW VII is going to be in 3D. Yes, I know that it is coming out in theaters on the 22nd of October 2010.

Anyway, I heard about "Lost Boys: The Thirst" third part will come straight to DVD - but don't know the release date yet. The concept, small California town infected with vampires is cool. I hope all they need are good storylines and some decent writing and acting. Maybe this could become a "franchise". ;)

iHaunt
02-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Scream 4
www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416 (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1262416)

Release date in 2010 - but it will begin to production on April, and the last updated page was on the 24th of November, 2009.

Let Me In, it is the remake of "Let The Right One In" (2008). The original was so good and it doesn't need a remake. :roll:

This is about a bullied young boy befriends a young female vampire.

:oops: One thing to add it here!

Resident Evil: Afterlife (2010) aka Resident Evil 4 will be out in theaters on the 10th of September this year! Milla Jovovich's back, and she's bringing some of her friends too! :D

alphaomega9997
02-02-2010, 10:21 PM
Resident (http://www.Resident) Evil: Afterlife (2010) aka Resident Evil 4 will be out in theaters on the 10th of September this year! Milla Jovovich's back, and she's bringing some of her friends too! :D

I'am looking forward to "Alice's" fight with "Wesker" in the The New "Resident Evil" I just Hope it is Better than Part 3.

Greg
02-06-2010, 01:09 AM
While I didn't really care much for Part 3 of RE, I felt it was the strongest out of the trilogy. The second one was by far one of the worst films I've seen.

DorianDawes
02-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Why, might I ask is the abomination known as TWILIGHT listed under upcoming horror movies?

It's technically a supernatural-romance...or, in my case, a comedy. That's the only enjoyment I could glean from them, the awful-acting made for hilarious commentary during late-night movie nights with my friends.

alphaomega9997
02-12-2010, 07:00 PM
Why, might I ask is the abomination known as TWILIGHT listed under upcoming horror movies?

It's technically a supernatural-romance...or, in my case, a comedy. That's the only enjoyment I could glean from them, the awful-acting made for hilarious commentary during late-night movie nights with my friends.

I Hate The Twilight Franchise and I agree with You it should never be listed as a Horror Movie.

I think All the movies in The Franchise should be listed as Chick Flicks because they are far from being a Horror Movies.

Time to start a Twilight Hate Thread what do You Think.

DorianDawes
02-12-2010, 07:03 PM
I Hate The Twilight Franchise and I agree with You it should never be listed as a Horror Movie.

I think All the movies in The Franchise should be listed as Chick Flicks because they are far from being a Horror Movies.

Time to start a Twilight Hate Thread what do You Think.

No need, I try to pretend it doesn't exist, and this is the one place I thought I'd be safe from it.

iHaunt
02-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Some of you know that "A Nightmare On Elm Street" remake will come out in all theaters in USA on April 30th - but some of you are from UK - it will come out later on May 7th.

Also, I heard about "Child's Play" remake will come out this year - but not so sure about the release date yet. So if you do know about this, please feel free to post it here! Thanks. :D

GorgonJones
02-16-2010, 08:39 PM
You forgot Saw VIII. It'll be out a few days after Saw VII. Lionsgate just can't keep it in their pants...

TheWizardOfGore
02-19-2010, 09:18 AM
No need, I try to pretend it doesn't exist, and this is the one place I thought I'd be safe from it.

There's no escaping from eternal teenage love and diamond-sparkling beauty. :D

iHaunt
04-04-2010, 09:05 PM
Ok, anyway.... here is Resident Evil: Afterlife aka Resident Evil 4 film trailer!

www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19686 (http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19686)

It will come out on the 10th of September this year! :D

ghattprod
04-05-2010, 06:21 PM
Piranha in 3D will be epic, well epically bad.

iHaunt
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Why is it bad? Curious.

Piranha in 3D will be epic, well epically bad.

MrYoungGun
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
There's no escaping from eternal teenage love and diamond-sparkling beauty. :D

agreed. teenage girls need something to satisfy their hormonal confusion, unfortunately they chose to make a movie about vampires instead of another boyband. just continue to boycott this crap franchise and when this generation of girls reaches adulthood, we'll get our good vampire movies back....

iHaunt
06-09-2010, 08:28 PM
Piranha 3D trailer

Ok, the trailers for this are out now, and I hate to say it, but the trailer did its job I really kind of wanting to see this movie. :D

See www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW5_4gZ0Jn4

Ghostdude
06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Coming soon from Arrow Video
Heres a little sneak peek at extras

THIS AMAZING 30th ANNIVERSARY EDITION CONTAINS:

- Reversible sleeve with original and newly commissioned art work

- Double-sided fold out Poster

- Collector’s Booklet featuring brand new writing on Inferno by Alan Jones, author of Profondo Argento

- High Definition Presentation of the film (1080p)

- Optional 7.1 DTS-HD/2.0 Stereo Audio

SPECIAL FEATURES:

- Introduction to Inferno by star Daria Nicolodi

- Dario's Inferno (16 mins interview with Dario Argento)

- Acting in Hot Water: An Interview with Daria Nicolodi (18 mins interview)

- The Other Mother: Making the Black Cat (16 mins) In 1989 director Luigi Cozzi (a long time friend and collaborator of Dario Argento) decided to make the unofficial follow-up to Inferno and 'complete' the Three Mothers legacy. This feature looks at the torrid history of The Black Cat, with plenty of clips too!

- Dario Argento: An Eye for Horror (57 mins) Mark Kermode narrates this documentary on Argento’s career including interviews with George A. Romero and John Carpenter

- The Complete Dario Argento Trailer Gallery [18 films]

- Easter Egg (5 mins of Dario Argento in English, with random memories of Inferno)

russdire
08-19-2010, 12:37 AM
I am really excited to see Piranha 3D this friday!