PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Horror Movie Kills?

TheWizardOfGore
10-31-2009, 12:34 PM
One of the highlights of any horror film is when someone bites the dust. In this thread, I thought we could all discuss our favorite horror movie kills. I'll get things started with three of my favorite:

1. Friday the 13th Part 3 - The guy who likes to walk around on his hands comes across a machete-wielding Jason. 'Ol Hockey Face nearly cuts the guy in two. My all-time favorite.

2. Near Dark - It's not every day that you see someone get their throat slit with a spur attached to someone's boot. The sociopathic Severen (Bill Paxton) does just that.

3. Day of the Dead (1985) - The villainous Captain Rhodes is torn apart by zombies while defiantly yelling "Choke on it!"

dogglebe
10-31-2009, 02:11 PM
Samuel L. Jackson's death in Deep Blue Sea was pretty awesome, though you may not want to count this film as horror.

Come to think of it, the first death in the original Jaws still holds up, too.

Phil

TheWizardOfGore
10-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Samuel L. Jackson's death in Deep Blue Sea was pretty awesome, though you may not want to count this film as horror.

Come to think of it, the first death in the original Jaws still holds up, too.

Phil

It featured LL Cool J, so I would certainly call it horror. :D

Stray13
11-12-2009, 10:28 AM
the best off scene kill for me is when beast from The Hills Have Eyes (remake) kills the crap out of the big headed mutant. On screen, I would say the sleeping bag kill in Friday the 13th part 7

TheWizardOfGore
11-12-2009, 11:06 AM
the best off scene kill for me is when beast from The Hills Have Eyes (remake) kills the crap out of the big headed mutant. On screen, I would say the sleeping bag kill in Friday the 13th part 7

Good call on the sleeping bag kill. That one completely slipped my mind, but it's totally sweet.

Stray13
11-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I also enjoy party horn to the eye in Friday the 13th part 7.

TheWizardOfGore
11-15-2009, 09:33 AM
And how about the one-punch KO/head removal against the boxer from Jason Takes Manhattan?

DorianDawes
02-13-2010, 07:31 AM
Terrible films, but they have moments that make them worth it:

The opening sequence of kills to Ghost Ship. Bad-ass. The rest of the film...not so much.

Not necessarily a kill, but it made the movie Hostel II worth watching; when the female-lead cuts off the man's dick and feeds it to the dogs. The implications of that action make it one of my favorite horror scenes.

DorianDawes
02-13-2010, 07:32 AM
Oh and of course, the ever-famous.

"Jesus...wept." Hellraiser

juniordriftwood
02-13-2010, 09:54 AM
Tom Savini doing his special effects on his own death scene in Maniac(1980)) its a blast to watch HAHAHA!!!

alphaomega9997
02-13-2010, 10:06 AM
The Slaugther with The Cutters on The Homemade raft in "The Burning" was a Classic.

Another being The Massacre of Everyone at The Police Station and The Diner across The Street in "Jason Goes to Hell" was such a Iconic Gore Hound Moment.

Greg
02-14-2010, 12:30 AM
The first death in Jaws was masterly done. Wow.

Deathproof - Both the car crash scene when Stunt Man Mike kills the four girls and at the end when the 2nd set of girls beat him to death,

Bram Stoker's Dracula - Anthony Hopkins killing the Brides was hilariously bad-ass.

Constantine - Father Hennesy drinking himself to death thanks to Balthazar.

Sleepy Hollow - When the Horseman slices Brom in half, his upper and bottom half twisting in opposite directions.

tecmeister
04-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Nightmare on Elm Street - Johnny Depp getting sucked through the bed and spitting all his blood out.

Pennywise
06-03-2010, 03:31 PM
Valintine- I was particularly, astoundingly content with the drill in the hot tub scene, killing and causing malfunction issue to the electricity. That was remarkable.

Benicide
06-03-2010, 09:44 PM
YouTube- Garbage Day! (high quality)

Pennywise
06-04-2010, 06:21 AM
YouTube- Garbage Day! (high quality) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7gIpuIVE3k)

Hey, wasn't that guy from one of the scenes in "Killer klowns from outer space"? By the way, this movie looks good. Silent night deadly night is a movie I can't wait to see.

ASHLEYELMSTREETFAN
06-10-2010, 02:12 PM
The blood bed scene from elm street!!!!!

i also love Rhodes death from day of the dead 1985

TheWizardOfGore
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM
The blood bed scene from elm street!!!!!

i also love Rhodes death from day of the dead 1985

"Choke on it!"

I would also cite the opening kill from Wrong Turn 2 where the hot blonde gets split in half with an axe and then falls into two parts.

Richard Cranium
03-26-2011, 01:42 PM
The fat old molester pulls a boiling pan of water onto his face in Sleepaway Camp. Actually, that movie was full of quality kills.

Waingro
03-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Deke's death in Creepshow 2.