PDA

View Full Version : Best Hammer Horror Movies?

Randy
10-23-2009, 07:59 AM
What do you think are the best Hammer horror movies? I really enjoyed Horror of Dracula and Curse of Frankenstein. I haven't seen many of the Hammer horror movies, so I'm looking for suggestions for which Hammer horror movies to watch next.

nancylives!
09-21-2011, 03:29 PM
i have always had great love for dracula has risen from the grave, frankenstein created woman, frankenstein and the monster from hell, twins of evil, lust for a vampire, the quatarmass saga, and plague of zombies. my general belief is that if peter cushing and/or christopher lee are in it, it's worth watching.

lj40
09-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Holy smokes...you can't forget about The Curse of the Werewolf with Oliver Reed!! That's a quite good one if I do say so..

Nance's picks were very spot on as well...

I also really enjoyed The Revenge of Frankenstein - upon first viewing I thought it went in some interesting directions...

The Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas is a frequent watch for me too..and that has Cushing in it as well...

NOBODY
09-21-2011, 03:49 PM
Thank you TCM for what you do for us Horror Fanatics !!!!

You educate & are there for us on those nights we can't sleep !

God Bless Ted Turner & Turner Classic Movies !!!!!

lj40
09-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I'd like to add as well..if you do wind up seeing some of these classics...give us some feedback on 'em Randy! I know for myself, I am always curious what people think of the Hammer stuff - especially if they haven't really seen many of 'em...

Randy
09-24-2011, 06:22 AM
I have at least a dozen of them on DVD, but I've only watched a few. Maybe I'll take a look at a couple more this weekend.

trevor1369
10-11-2011, 09:13 PM
My favorites as a die hard Hammer fan are:

Dracula has Risen from the Grave
Frankenstein must be destroyed
Vampire Lovers
Twins of evil
Dr Jekyll and Sister Hyde
Curse from the Mummy's Tomb
The Mummy

Would like to know what you think as a new fan.

Li H'sen Chang
10-15-2011, 09:18 AM
I use the Frankenstein horror films the most often.