PDA

View Full Version : Best Korean Horror Movies

Randy
10-20-2009, 08:11 AM
What are your favorite Koren horror movies? I haven't seen any Korean horror films besides Thirst, so I'm looking for recommendations. What should I watch first?

TheWizardOfGore
10-20-2009, 06:01 PM
You might check out A Tale of Two Sisters. It's Korea's highest-grossing horror film, and the first to be screened in the United States. It was also given the Hollywood remake treatment as 2009's The Uninvited.

Doctor Frankenstein
12-03-2010, 12:04 PM
K-Horror is my favorite of the Asian horror. There are a lot of good ones. So here is my top 5.

G.P. 506

No Mercy

The Host

Cinderella

The Butcher

pwnd
12-03-2010, 01:01 PM
I really enjoy Thai horror.

Phobia 2 is a great movie, one I enjoy a lot.

Doctor Frankenstein
12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
Thai horror has some great ones too like Unseeable, 13 Beloved, Art of the Devil, Ghost Game, Sars Wars, Shutter. All sorts of good ones. And yeah the Phobia's are great too.

neuro
12-03-2010, 05:01 PM
Hi Randy,
Korean horror movies are among my very favourites, what sort of horror movie are you into?

If you like ghosts and gore then I can highly recommend Ahn Byong Ki's scissors, bunshinsaba and the apartment. Then theres Kim Jee Woon's a tale of two sisters and The quiet family.

If your into high school girls being terrorised then theres the excellent wishing stairs, whispering corridors, the voice and 2 people and if you like don't mind a slower pace then theres the cult movie momento mori.
on the other hand if you prefer soldiers being terrorised then theres Kong Su Chang double of R-point and the guard post and then theres Park Chan Wook's vengence trilogy to name a few.

Let me know what your into and I can point you in the right direction

Hamon
12-14-2010, 04:05 AM
The Host is mine favorite.

pwnd
12-14-2010, 01:49 PM
I like R-Point, that was a good movie.

Another Thai movie that is good is Haunted Universities.

Doctor Frankenstein
12-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Yeah I liked R-Point too, its by the same guy that did G.P. 506

Doctor Frankenstein
02-26-2011, 05:11 PM
Yeah I agree. The Hose is a great monster movie. One of my favorite movies ever actually. I love the effects and the storyline. And they do a good job with the monster as well.