PDA

View Full Version : Rob Zombie's The Blob

Randy
08-28-2009, 12:41 PM
Rob Zombie's The Blob is the most recently announced remake from Rob Zombie. Does this indicate that Rob Zombie's moviemaking career from here on out is going to consist of nothing more than directing remakes? Right now he's made House of 1000 Corpses, The Devils Rejects, Halloween, Halloween 2, and The Haunted World of El Superbeasto. So at least half of his projects are remakes or the intellectual property of someone else that he's "borrowed".

Does anyone else think this is disappointing? I was a big admirer of The Devils Rejects, but I hated Halloween. I haven't seen Halloween 2, and I know it's not a "remake" strictly speaking, but it might as well be. I think it's a safe bet that The Blob won't hold much to excite me.

What I wouldn't give to see a new John Carpenter burst onto the scene and make some real horror movies.

scarygoul666
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
no i think that rob zombie puts a wonderful twist on the movies...... i enjoyed all of his remakes. It is to each your own. Rob zombie is also a huge horror movie buff in a interview he showed his collection OMG WOW i wish i had all the horror movies he has!

scarygoul666
09-22-2009, 12:29 AM
You also do know that they are remaking wolfman, that has anthony hopkins in it.

TheWizardOfGore
10-04-2009, 08:42 AM
While I love Zombie's music, I've also been disappointed by his last few outings. Sure, someone else would've directed those Halloween remakes if Zombie didn't, but I really didn't care for his take on the story.

And The Blob? It was already remade in the '80s. Do we really need yet another remake of a classic movie. I'm sure Zombie has other projects he could work on. I'd certainly prefer to see him work on something original, as his two best projects (House of 1000 Corpses and Devil's Rejects) both fall into that category.

But it's like scarygoul666 said, "to each his own."