PDA

View Full Version : Martyrs!!!!!!

Fredness
08-15-2009, 09:19 AM
With out a doubt a new bench mark will be messured, pls tell me what you think and about the ending, true fans have to see this, exhausting and mind thrilling!

AZhorrorfan
09-16-2009, 12:01 PM
The film was without a doubt, one of the best horror films ever made to date.
It was a mind **** from beginning to end.

The ending can be translated so many different ways, thats it kind of hard to pin down, but my take on it is;

*SPOILER!!!!************************************** ******

I think Anna, at the end, once she reached Martyrdom found nothing. By hearing her say this, the Madam at the end asks "What do you think is on the other side?" to which the butler replies "I don't know", to which she replies "Keep guessing" and blows her brains out with a revolver. She killed herself because there is nothing at the end, and they have been torturing these girls for absolutely nothing. If there was something to look forward to, she would have told all of the people who came to her house, and they would have began repenting for their sins of torturing these girls. Since suicide is the worst thing you can do in most religions, if there was something for the Madam to look forward to, she would not have blown her brains out, seeing as she would go straight to hell.

Thats my take on it!