PDA

View Full Version : Psycho horror. Help please

leauguste
04-28-2009, 06:48 PM
Dear Horror Lovers,

We're currently in the process of producing a psychological horror set around a lake.

Contact with the lake's water does not prove fatal. However is does have the tendency to gradually change the characters' personalities.

We have been searching for plausible physical manifestations on the body caused by contact with the water.

Originally our idea was to have a black mark appear on the skin of every character that comes into contact with the water.

Here's our question: What would be a more original, nastier manifestation? Any ideas on how to show the water's effect? For story reasons we must visually see the water's effect on the body.

Any suggestions are deeply appreciated and may lead to closer collaboration in the finalization of the film, including mention in the Special Thanks section of the credits.

All the Best,

LeAuguste

joker jr.
04-29-2009, 02:08 AM
Perhaps not just a black mark, but an intricate tattoo-like marking? You know, fancy lines like a tribal kind of tattoo, or the kind of trim you see in sci-fi movies on the good Alien's ship walls. And perhaps not black, but a certain colour that pertains to that person or their new personality? Along with that, maybe the pattern as well.

leauguste
04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
that's a great idea. will look into that one. thanks

ds666
04-30-2009, 08:21 AM
well, just off the top of my head how about some sort of leprosy, de-generation of the skin or body limbs.
It could be used to create a belief in people that its just some sort of reaction to the water and initailly locals fear that the lake is polluted in some way... Little do they know that something much more sinister is actually the cause...

oh, youve got me all excited now!!

another - how about, there eyes turn red and bleed..
ok ok im getting carried away now. i could go on all day...

Regards

Tinsnip
05-02-2009, 11:54 AM
It could begin with a red, uneaven rash that slowly spreads over their body. That way they don't freak out too much in the beginning, they just think they've got a rash. But it quickly escalates to itchy sores that ooze puss and secrete contagious toxins from the poor victims body. Doctors can't explain it. There seems to be no cure. Eventually the victims would look like zombies, only they would be deranged humans instead. They are going to have psychological effects beyond the normal crazyness, they should be smart and, of course, vengeful.

But why does the water do that to people? How many witches were drowned in the lake? What kind of toxic chemical found it's way to the riverbed? Had an old, stubborn Native American shamman cursed the lake when the white people ran his tribe out of the area?

Freaked
05-05-2009, 02:27 PM
I was Thinking Some kind Of Cyst That secrets maggots and who ever has come in contact with the water from the lake develops the cysts and at first its just a regular cyst until slowly the maggots start eatting their way to the surface of the skin causing pain and humilitation