PDA

View Full Version : Any Scary Horror Movies?

CharlieWinslow
03-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Maybe I'm getting too old, or maybe I just saw too many horror movies in my life, but I can't seem to find any horror movie that scares me.

Sure, there used to be a few movies that scared me, but they're not as scary now as they were when I was a kid...

As a teen, the movies that scared me and my friends were Blair Witch 1 & 2, The 13 Ghosts remake, The Fear 1 & 2 and the Wishmaster series! Nowadays, I can watch them at midnight, all alone, no lights on, with all of my horror stuff around me and not get creeped out... Makes me sad not to be scared!

Some recent movies do a pretty good job when it comes to gory stuff like Saw and the Hostel, but they just make you throw up in your popcorn, they don't scare you that much... Well maybe a little! I don't feel like travelling and I make sure to look happy to strangers who value the human life a lot! Lol!

Movies with serial killers are not scary to me, I mean, you can fight them so that's cool, I tend to be scared by ghosts instead, 'cause you can't kick a ghost's butt!

As for horror series, I love Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Candyman, Urban Legends, Scream, etc. They used to scare us a little when we were teens, but now they're just some really cool movies I still like to watch!

Any suggestions? What horror flick still scares you?

TheWizardOfGore
03-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Try Exorcist III. It's got some genuinely scary moments which I didn't see coming. It's also got George C. Scott, winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor , and the always-great Brad Dourif.

CharlieWinslow
03-19-2009, 12:23 PM
I've seen a lot of “Exorcist” movies, but I don't think I've seen this one yet! Thanks!

spfxmasks
04-03-2009, 02:05 AM
Try Exorcist III. It's got some genuinely scary moments which I didn't see coming. It's also got George C. Scott, winner of the Academy Award for Best Actor , and the always-great Brad Dourif.

Good call.
There are definitely some very creepy moments in this film.
-SPFXMasks

TheWizardOfGore
04-03-2009, 09:51 AM
Fabio also has a cameo. Now how's that for scary?!

CharlieWinslow
04-03-2009, 09:53 AM
I would love to watch it, but they don't have it at my local video store, so I'll just wait till they show it on ScreamTelevision! :-)

Cyclops
04-05-2009, 06:10 AM
Hollywood dont make scary movies, they make gory movies with lots of dripping blood and screaming women!
We need a change from Saw 18,Friday the 13th again and the new Hellraiser!
Come on guys scare us!

Randy
04-07-2009, 08:11 PM
I'm going to chime in here in support of seeing Exorcist III. It's a genuinely cool movie with some great acting. Love George C. Scott in Exorcist III.

CharlieWinslow
05-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Great news! I was grocery shopping and I finally found The Exorcist III DVD! It was only $5! Now I'm just wondering if I should call a friend over to watch it with me or just watch it on my own... I think I'll watch it on my own!

useruser
05-26-2009, 07:22 AM
have fun...

TheWizardOfGore
05-28-2009, 09:45 AM
Great news! I was grocery shopping and I finally found The Exorcist III DVD! It was only $5! Now I'm just wondering if I should call a friend over to watch it with me or just watch it on my own... I think I'll watch it on my own!

So what did you think?

CharlieWinslow
05-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Sorry it took me so long to answer! A friend came over so I stopped watching it, but now I've just finished it! I agree it has some scary moments, but I won't have problems going to sleep tonight. The part that scared me was at the beginning, when the statue of Jesus opened its eyes! With the very loud wind and sound effect, it was startling! Most of the other things were cool, but not scary :-)

deadnurse
06-02-2009, 01:57 AM
I think movies can only really scare you the first time you watch them.

And it depends on what scares you. I thought Dead Silence was scary first time round. I think dolls are creepy!

So what scares you...

CharlieWinslow
06-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Well, I think you're right, I'm really sad when I watch the movies that used to scare me back then, because they don't anymore... Well, that lil' drowned witch in Blair Witch 2 is still creepy! And Dead Silence was great, until the person watching it with me guessed how it would end, and she was right, so it wasn't as good as it would have been without the spoilers!

E.F. Benson
06-04-2009, 10:56 PM
I didn't care too much for The Exorcist III overall, but the scene at the nurse station is one of the scariest scenes I've ever seen.

I would say The Exorcist and The Shining are the scariest movies I've seen.

CharlieWinslow
06-05-2009, 08:52 AM
I gotta agree, this scene in The Exorcist III was pretty cool!

Oh, and the original Exorcist is good, the devilish voices are scary! And The Shining is SO good! But to me it's more worrying than scary, but it's still an amazing classic!

Talking about creepy voices, in the original movie The Ring, it's called Ringu I think, well, on the tape that they watch, the voice is scary! It's kind of reversed, and cut, and really deep and just too weird! Maybe I wouldn't find it as scary today as I did back then though...

Skeege
07-02-2009, 06:27 AM
RED MIST - out on DVD and Blu-ray on July 13.

From Paddy Breathnach, the director of Shrooms, comes this nerve-shredding horror starring Arielle Kebbel (The Uninvited), Sarah Carter (Skinwalkers), MyAnna Buring (The Descent), Andrew Lee Potts (Primeval) and Martin Compston (Sweet Sixteen).

RED MIST follows a group of young medical students, including Catherine (Arielle Kebbel, THE UNIVITED) and Kim (Sarah Carter, SKINWALKERS) who administer a powerful and untested cocktail of wonder drugs to a coma patient. The patient is jolted into a startling out-of-body state, allowing him to murderously possess each student in turn.

Winner of eight international film awards, including Best New Director at San Sebastian, and a Special Award at American Independent Film Festival, Paddy Breathnach is not only critically acclaimed but also a box-office hit with his previous film Shrooms banking nearly $2million at the box-office.

‘Even in our modern world with information and technology – the irrational and the Other can still creep in. Horror is about creating atmosphere and Asian Horror has done that so fantastically well. It’s introduced the idea of the supernatural into very modern landscapes’ - Paddy Breathnach

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=rfC33N0V92M

Buy it at Amazon: Red Mist [DVD] [2008]: Amazon.co.uk: Arielle Kennel, Stephen Dillane, Andrew Lee Potts, Martin Compston, Alex Wyndham, Katie McGrath, Christina Chong, Michael Jibson, MyAnna Buring, Paddy Breathnach, Ruairi O'Brien: DVD

CharlieWinslow
07-02-2009, 09:11 AM
Thanks! I watched the trailer and it looks quite interesting!

reagan
07-03-2009, 01:32 AM
Exorcist III - I love the bit where the nurse walks across the screen with a HUGE pair of shears.
The ending of Dead Silence is the only good thing about it - laughed my ass off : ) Really nice twist. Ryan Kwanten was still trying to get a handle on his American Accent lol. Amber Valetta as the Wife WIth A Secret. Its why I love horror movies! You get to yell at the screen, at all the dumb stuff they do. (Sorry to CharlieWinslow that you were told in advance :( )

CharlieWinslow
07-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Well it's not that bad, I just guess I would have liked the movie better if my friend just didn't went “Oh, I'm sure that the guy is...” She always does that! Well, almost, I'm good at guessing too, but she always guesses 2 seconds before me! So I make her watch my fav movies, the ones I've already seen :-)