PDA

View Full Version : The Strangers(2008)

TrinityJ
05-23-2008, 07:28 AM
I've been seeing this trailer around everywhere the last week or two.
This is the one ive been seeing, but i know there are a few differnet ones on the web.
http://movietrailerlive.com/ct_0002_TheStrangers_B
The movie looks pretty cool. From what i can tell with the trailer, the soundtrack might even be outstanding.
I think it comes out in a week or two.
I am a fan of both Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman, but im a bigger fan of gore. I wouldnt midn seeing the two of them chopped. Think its going to happen?

Is anyone really big into this one? Read the script? do tell!

joker jr.
05-24-2008, 01:37 PM
So far it looks to be much better than most recent horror movies. Definitly one I'll be watching.

juniordriftwood
02-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Definitely underrated and underappreciated horror movie,Liv Tyler and Scott Speedman both leads both quite convincing in their parts.Tense and disturbing,and well paced for this type of movie.Although I know some will criticize the pace.I enjoyed the ending.

DorianDawes
02-13-2010, 05:42 PM
One of my favorite horror films, and one of the few horror films to actually scare me. Bloody brilliant.

alphaomega9997
02-15-2010, 06:21 PM
I have not seen this movie but I have Dislike of it because of One of The Producers of The Movie "Joe Drake".

The main reason I Dislike "Joe Drake" is because of How He treated "Clive Barker" and What He did to "The Midnight Meat Train" The Movie "Clive" Produced.

iHaunt
02-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Ok, guess what??? I believe "The Strangers 2" will come out in theaters this year, but not really sure yet....

TheWizardOfGore
02-19-2010, 08:11 AM
I have not seen this movie but I have Dislike of it because of One of The Producers of The Movie "Joe Drake".

The main reason I Dislike "Joe Drake" is because of How He treated "Clive Barker" and What He did to "The Midnight Meat Train" The Movie "Clive" Produced.

What did Joe Drake do? I'd love to hear more. I know The Midnight Meat Train was originally supposed to get a theatrical release but then got the straight-to-DVD treatment. Did Drake have something to do with that, or is he guilty of something else?

alphaomega9997
02-20-2010, 10:21 PM
What did Joe Drake do? I'd love to hear more. I know The Midnight Meat Train was originally supposed to get a theatrical release but then got the straight-to-DVD treatment. Did Drake have something to do with that, or is he guilty of something else?

What was "Joe Drake" was taking over "Peter Block's" postion at Lionsgate at The Time and these Two were not Cool at All with each Other.

So "Joe Drake" than proceeded to give all of The Movies made under "Peter Block's" Time (Which includes "The Midnight Meat Train") at Lionsgate Crap Treatment and His movies The King Treatment.

Here is a short summary of what happened to "Midnight Meat Train", and "Clive Barker";

When "The Midnight Meat Train" was originally going to go to theaters so was "The Strangers" but then "Joe Drake" decided to put "The Midnight Meat Train" in dollar theaters with Small Advertising while "The Strangers" a movie He has a Executive Producer Credit On got a Proper Theatrical Run with Good Advertising on Tv.

"Clive Barker" even called "Joe Drake" who gave Him Bulls**t about reasons why "The Midnight Meat Train" got such a Bad Release ("Clive" also Talked about how that Conversation turned into a Very Angry Arguement).

If You want to learn more this listen to The Commentary on The Dvd.

Here are Two Links to More Information about this:

http://www.clivebarker.info/newsavemmt.html

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2008/08/barker_angry_at_lionsgate_for.html

TheWizardOfGore
02-22-2010, 08:44 PM
What was "Joe Drake" was taking over "Peter Block's" postion at Lionsgate at The Time and these Two were not Cool at All with each Other.

So "Joe Drake" than proceeded to give all of The Movies made under "Peter Block's" Time (Which includes "The Midnight Meat Train") at Lionsgate Crap Treatment and His movies The King Treatment.

Here is a short summary of what happened to "Midnight Meat Train", and "Clive Barker";

When "The Midnight Meat Train" was originally going to go to theaters so was "The Strangers" but then "Joe Drake" decided to put "The Midnight Meat Train" in dollar theaters with Small Advertising while "The Strangers" a movie He has a Executive Producer Credit On got a Proper Theatrical Run with Good Advertising on Tv.

"Clive Barker" even called "Joe Drake" who gave Him Bulls**t about reasons why "The Midnight Meat Train" got such a Bad Release ("Clive" also Talked about how that Conversation turned into a Very Angry Arguement).

If You want to learn more this listen to The Commentary on The Dvd.

Here are Two Links to More Information about this:

http://www.clivebarker.info/newsavemmt.html

http://www.filmstalker.co.uk/archives/2008/08/barker_angry_at_lionsgate_for.html

Thanks for the info. Joe Drake should be renamed Joe Dick.