PDA

View Full Version : The Excorcist

StarPsycho29
04-09-2008, 11:21 AM
That looks like a hell of a movie! I haven't seen it, but i saw a trailer. Apperently when it came out ppl fainted coz it was so scary, reply plz

Red Hot
04-09-2008, 11:51 AM
I recommend seeing this - Linda Blair is an excellent actress and the scenes are horrifically frightening!!!

Horrorman
04-09-2008, 05:02 PM
I'm Baaaaaaack ! Linda Blairs face when she is floating above the bed , her eyes rolled back, will stay with you a long time! Really horrific makeup effects make this a real shocker.

StarPsycho29
04-10-2008, 12:00 PM
yea, i can get on amazon for aboyt 48p XD

krell
04-10-2008, 09:36 PM
Well..actually I dont care for this movie very much.I can tell you that I am one of very few who dont like it and many consider it a classic,so you should see it and judge for yourself.I just think that it's not scary and at times I found myself laughing at some of the dialogue...but i'm a weirdo and You may love the movie.

Red Hot
04-11-2008, 05:52 AM
Krell - to each their own - not liking this movie doesn't make you a weirdo!!!

On a funny note, a former friend once told me he could never eat or look at pea soup after seeing this movie!!

vampirexpsycho
04-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I usually don't get scared by horror movies, actually never. But since I've watched this one it's been hunting my mind forever. =O I don't see how people can possibly like it. hehe.

E.F. Benson
04-13-2008, 05:07 PM
I usually don't get scared by horror movies, actually never. But since I've watched this one it's been hunting my mind forever. =O I don't see how people can possibly like it. hehe.

I consider it the best and scariest horror movie ever made.

vampirexpsycho
04-14-2008, 07:30 AM
I consider it the best and scariest horror movie ever made.

As Red Hot said before; to each their own opinion. =]

StarPsycho29
04-14-2008, 07:42 AM
well, apparently it WAS the scariest movie ever!
P.S : Its Exorcist, i spelt it wrong =(

E.F. Benson
04-28-2008, 06:09 PM
As Red Hot said before; to each their own opinion. =]

Sure it's ultimately one's opinion, but "The Exorcist" does have a large following and it made a hell of an impact back in 1973. I'm guessing you're pretty young, and I notice there is a backlash against this movie with some young people, especially since it's commonly known as the best and scariest horror movie.

vampirexpsycho
04-29-2008, 03:00 AM
Yeah, I know it did. But I don't think it has something to do with being young. It just, didn't exactly scare me, but it did give me a strange feeling of fear, specially when I heard that the actors were fighting over who was going to play the possessed child. =\

E.F. Benson
04-29-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I know it did. But I don't think it has something to do with being young. It just, didn't exactly scare me, but it did give me a strange feeling of fear, specially when I heard that the actors were fighting over who was going to play the possessed child. =

When I see "Frankenstein", it doesn't actually scare me either, like it did for people that saw it when it came out a long time ago, but I give it due respect and don't insult it.

I've heard a lot of Exorcist trivia, but I haven't heard about actors fighting. Which actors? I have heard that Linda Blair wasn't one of the young actresses called for an audition, but her agent was able to get her one anyway. She got the part, and the rest is history.

vampirexpsycho
04-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't remember, I think the article was removed from internet to not frighten people. =\

Freddy's Fake Head
05-02-2008, 02:13 AM
You haven't seen it? Check it out. Def worth a watch. I can remember my mom telling me back when it came out that it had grown men getting psychiatric help cuz they couldn't deal with the film.

Slasher-Freak97
05-02-2008, 03:21 PM
I dunno people say the flick was Soo good, but i mean it was pretty good, But definately NOT the ""Best Horror Movie Ever"", Its NOT even No-Where near that in my opinion)!

Freddy's Fake Head
05-02-2008, 11:04 PM
When I see "Frankenstein", it doesn't actually scare me either, like it did for people that saw it when it came out a long time ago, but I give it due respect and don't insult it.

Frankenstein has some of the best acting ever. Karloff is the monster I can't picture him as anything else even when I see him in his later stuff I still think of him as the monster.

Red Hot
05-03-2008, 06:02 PM
I also vote in Frankenstein being very frightening especially when he kills the little girl (if you were lucky enough to see this scene before it got cut out).

StarPsycho29
05-05-2008, 12:18 PM
Im going to watch The Exorcist and Frankenstein as soon as I can then!

StarPsycho29
05-05-2008, 12:19 PM
and oh yea i watched the 'spiderwalk' scene which was cut out of the movie, scary as hell