jmkollar
03-06-2008, 11:32 AM
friday the 13 movies
nightmare on elm street movies
halloween movies

and i dont count remakes as movies

joker jr.
03-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Possible. Friday the 13th was extremely popular, and it's a real whore for sequels. What do you consider a sequel to a remake? Because most likely they'll do a sequel to Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.

mr.sasquatch
03-06-2008, 05:41 PM
The Friday the 13th series is being remade, as is Nightmare on Elm Street. I haven't heard of any sequals coming, but since Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X were so bad, I don't know if I want another sequal anyways.

Bataeu
03-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Yeah, Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell are pretty crap.
Nightmare on Elm Street is another series that went downward (from part 3 onward). Although Wes Craven's New Nightmare was a good twist on Freddy.

joker jr.
03-11-2008, 12:39 AM
Yeah, Jason X and Jason Goes to Hell are pretty crap.
Nightmare on Elm Street is another series that went downward (from part 3 onward). Although Wes Craven's New Nightmare was a good twist on Freddy.

Was that the one where Freddy's own daughter killed him? Or was that the one where he tried to move to different Elm Streets? xD

At this point I get them all confused. x[

Bataeu
03-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Part 6 (Freddy's Dead) is the one where he tried finding another Elm Street and his daughter tries to stop him.
New Nightmare is the one where Freddy comes into the real world. Everyone basically plays themselves.

joker jr.
03-11-2008, 04:42 PM
Ooh so those were actually in the same movie?

Oh yeah I remember New Nightmare now. The new style for the glove, built into his hand. I always thought that one was just kinda... I dunno. xD

Bataeu
03-11-2008, 05:40 PM
Yeah.
Part 2 was the one where Freddy comes into the real world through the body of Jesse (the guy that screams like a girl).
Part 3 was the Dream Warriors one where they all have special powers in their dreams.
Part 4 was the Dream Master- This is where it went crazily downhill- bad acting, bad plot, bad everything.
Part 5 was The Dream Child- Freddy basically trying to be reborn through the girl from part 4.

It pretty much should've skipped parts 2,3,4,5 and 6. lol

joker jr.
03-12-2008, 02:31 AM
They had part 2 on TV over and over for a while. I watched it every time. xD The party scene was kinda funny.

I liked Dream Warriors except for when Langenkamp(Nancy) got killed. D:

I don't remember Dream Master except for something about some chick running through Freddy's house with some dead girl who's head then fell of. Boring. :\

I don't remember Dream Child at all. Was that the one with the soul pizza? Or is that part 6 again?

Part 6 was just cliche. Really stupid. I mean the reason Freddy was on that specific elm street in Springwood was because he lived there. :\

Bataeu
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
The Soul Pizza was in part 4. lol
Cheesy film, cheesy soul pizza. :P

Goat Face
04-23-2008, 12:29 PM
When filmmakers just keep releasing sequel after countless sequel, they completely trash their original product. Sure they could make it a little cool, Hollywood could just cover up their unoriginal movies with blood and special effects. You see, Hollywood is on a downward spiral. When was the last time they made an original, interesting movie. Iron Man is a good example. They are just releasing comic after comic into movies. Oh yeah, their also doing a "new" Speed racer movie, and why not Pirates 4 and spider man 4?

vampirexpsycho
04-23-2008, 01:50 PM
Not that I'm into Spider Man, but I think you've a good point there. I'm craving for some good horror movies but all they're producing is a bunch of cheap films with no story in it, whatsoever. =(

DeeHart
04-25-2008, 07:16 PM
Was that the one where Freddy's own daughter killed him? Or was that the one where he tried to move to different Elm Streets? xD

At this point I get them all confused. x[
no that was the one where freddy is better and darker, and it
has the nancy and dad(heather langenkamp and john saxon) in it.
it was great. rob zombie remake of halloween michael myers wa sokay
but it was n't what I thought I have watched it 7 time s already.

Goat Face
04-29-2008, 04:29 PM
O.K. this is news to me anyway, George Romero has plans to do a followup to Diary, I havent seen diary but you can bet where I will be on the day it comes out to DVD!!

Freddy's Fake Head
05-02-2008, 02:03 AM
most likely they'll do a sequel to Rob Zombie's remake of Halloween.

oh god I hope not that film was a complete mess. I was waitin' and waitin' for mike to finally break out of the insane asylum which took half the film then they made him all out like he had a mental disorder instead of being just straight up evil.

O.K. this is news to me anyway, George Romero has plans to do a followup to Diary, I havent seen diary but you can bet where I will be on the day it comes out to DVD!!

I think Diary will be good if Romero just makes sure it has a good plot. He knows how to make good movies but the plot aspect seems to be a bit lacking sometimes in his films.

The Friday the 13th series is being remade, as is Nightmare on Elm Street. I haven't heard of any sequals coming, but since Jason Goes to Hell and Jason X were so bad, I don't know if I want another sequal anyways.

JGTH was a product of shi**y directing and the lack of the crew to find anybody with any sort of acting ability. The first 5 and the last 5 mins of the film are gold but as soon as they took jason out of the equation it's just one big train wreck. I think they could make another good friday sequel if they really put their hearts into making it scary and kept Sean Cunningham completely the hell away from anything remotely related to it.