PDA

View Full Version : ANOES prequel?

Arcane
02-29-2008, 08:44 PM
Anyone else hear that they may be making a Nightmare on Elm Street prequel? I heard rumors but nothing concrete. I'm not sure if Robert England will be in it, but either way I think the idea of a prequel would be cool.

Double L
03-01-2008, 04:50 AM
I have been hearing rumors of prequels & remakes for years as well as rumors of Wes Craven finishing his own Nightmare trilogy (Along with 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' & 'Wes Cravens New Nightmare')

Also, the thought of Robert Englund not playing Freddy isn't a pretty one. The character has become molded around him for years (Both physically & character wise) and if someone else stepped into his shoes, i can't see it working.

Arcane
03-01-2008, 05:18 AM
I have been hearing rumors of prequels & remakes for years as well as rumors of Wes Craven finishing his own Nightmare trilogy (Along with 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' & 'Wes Cravens New Nightmare')

Also, the thought of Robert Englund not playing Freddy isn't a pretty one. The character has become molded around him for years (Both physically & character wise) and if someone else stepped into his shoes, i can't see it working.

I see what you mean, but if in the prequel if Freddy is a young man before he "becomes" Freddy as we know him, then it may not matter if Robert Englund plays the part. I mean I think it would be difficult for get a man his age to look realistically like a young man. That is assuming of course that he is a young man before being burned and becoming Freddy. They would have to find an actor that does or could resemble Robert England to make it believable.
Look what they did in Hannibal Rising. That movie was mediocre as a prequel goes. Hannibal was not played by Anthony Hopkins(obviously) and I thought the actor did a good job of capturing who Hannibal Lecter was as a young man.

joker jr.
03-01-2008, 04:18 PM
In one of the Nightmare movies (I don't particularly remember which one) they show Fred a few times when he was alive, though it's not much.

As for Hannibal Rising... A prequel was really not necessary, since "Manhunter" was the original Hannibal movie, before Silence Of The Lambs. Hannibal Rising was pretty much a cross between Manhunter and Silence of the lambs.

Double L
03-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Freddy is seen alive in 'Freddy's Dead' , 'Freddy Vs Jason' , And the Freddy TV series.

joker jr.
03-02-2008, 06:27 PM
There was a TV series?! I heard something of this a couple times but I never knew for sure if it existed.

mr.sasquatch
03-03-2008, 05:18 PM
I'm pretty sure the t.v series was called "Freddies Nightmares". I heard the guy that plays Lex Luthor in the Smallville t.v show will be playing Freddy in the remakes. I say we boycott any remake that doesn't have Englund in it.

Double L
03-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes the series was called Freddies Nightmares, and at least it stuck closer to the movies than Friday the 13th the series.

I only saw the first episode of the series. It was about Freddy (Before he died) getting released from court on a technicality & the parents of Elm Street getting their revenge. Then you see Freddy come back and kill his first victim.