PDA

View Full Version : One Missed Call

iScreamUscreamWeAllScream
01-02-2008, 03:49 PM
Is it just me or is anyone else sick of us stealing original horro movies from Japan? Also, we not only steal them, we kill them.

I heard about One Missed Call (same title in Japanese) a couple years ago and it looked really good, only I got distracted because I'm an idiot and I didn't rent it. But now I hear that there is a movie coming out with the same plot and title. I know the creator of the storyline must have agreed to let us use it, but still. This pisses me off because it makes it look like us Americans are uncapable of coming up with our own ideas for a good horror movie. I bet if anyone just tried they could do it, instead of killing an already good movie.

The Ring? The Grudge? And most recently, The Eye? All not ours.

We used to make good horror films, what happened?

sorry I went on so long.

joker jr.
01-02-2008, 11:09 PM
for the most part, it's because...
1. America has run out of ideas. we've been making movies constantly for over 100 years, there really isn't much more to make until something real happens.
2. Hollywood has recently realised that the Japanese are just more talented that them.

01-03-2008, 02:41 PM
That's what I'm saying! lol

mr.sasquatch
01-13-2008, 06:23 PM
Honestly, I can't remember what the last horror movie I saw in the theater was. They just can't seem to make any good ones anymore...even if they stole them from Japan.

01-15-2008, 02:07 PM
exactly...must have a writing block.

Bataeu
03-10-2008, 11:53 PM
I totally agree.
I can't believe they remade The Eye. That movie was absolutely brilliant, not to mention creepy as hell.
Now one of the best Korean horror films I've seen (Shutter) is getting the remake treatment.

joker jr.
03-11-2008, 12:46 AM
Shutter looks pretty good. I saw the trailer and all I could think of is old nightmares. o.o' Though I agree, it's probably ALOT better in the original.

Double L
03-12-2008, 02:26 PM
I wanna see shutter (because it slightly reminds me of the game series 'Project Zero')

I downloaded the original One Missed Call trilogy. The first one is a pretty cool (if predictable) film, especially the live exorcism scene). The rest are standard sequel fare.

I also hear they are remaking 'Battle Royal'.

Bataeu
03-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I also hear they are remaking 'Battle Royal'.

Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
*dies*