PDA

View Full Version : What is the greatest horror movie of all time.

shanny
12-28-2007, 07:24 PM
What do you people out there consider the greatest horror movie of all time.

deadmen flesh eater
01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
i dun really know plz tell me wuts ur favorites

Horrorman
01-10-2008, 09:26 PM
The Exorcist. It was the first movie to use graphic, horrific makeup effects and language derived from Hell itself. Many people at that time found themselves having nightmares about it for months afterwards. It had you hanging on the edge of the theater seat trying not to run out. The movie gave you the feeling that the director of this movie had no second thoughts about displaying images that had never been seen before. It was the first of its kind.

Satan21
01-11-2008, 01:13 AM
id say 28 weeks later was scary, or was it 28 days later?

E.F. Benson
01-17-2008, 08:40 PM
The Exorcist.

joker jr.
01-17-2008, 08:43 PM
what exactly is so great about The Exorcist? I've never seen it myself.

and Satan, the movie was 28 Days Later, then the sequel was 28 Weeks Later. it just came out, in fact.

Red Hot
01-18-2008, 07:56 AM
Nosferatu.

joker jr.
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Nosferatu.

Ohh yes indeed.

of that era, I think my favorite was definitely Lon Chaney Sr.'s Phantom Of The Opera.

as for best horror ever though.. I agree with Red.

Horrorman
01-18-2008, 01:45 PM
Whats so scary about the Exorcist? If you have never seen it I suggest you rent it. The makeup effects on Linda Blair when she becomes fulley possesed by the Devil is what stands out in my mind. That face looks like what a real Demon from Hell would look like. When she begins to float above her bed, arms out like she is being crucified, and her eyes roll back in her head sent a chill up my spine. The movie starts out a little slow but once you see the little girl is becoming posessed it becomes real creepy fast. Watch it in the dark and find out for yourself.

joker jr.
01-18-2008, 01:49 PM
I keep forgetting that was Linda Blair.. ha ha. but, you want to see what a real demon would look like? I'll post a thread about it in the General Horror section.

Horrorman
01-18-2008, 04:10 PM
Thats definitely sick but it didn't scare me.

FrightScares
01-19-2008, 03:00 PM
There are so many.

Psycho, The Exorcist, Hellraiser, Evil Dead, Trilogy Of Terror, Re-Animator, The Thing.

I could go on and on.

iScreamUscreamWeAllScream
01-20-2008, 10:24 AM
Barnie.
lol

deadmen flesh eater
01-22-2008, 01:20 AM
i hate exorcist movie
it,s not really horror movie
i dislike it iam so sorry

E.F. Benson
01-24-2008, 04:38 PM
what exactly is so great about The Exorcist? I've never seen it myself.

and Satan, the movie was 28 Days Later, then the sequel was 28 Weeks Later. it just came out, in fact.

Back in 1973, This movie more then pushed the envelope. It did things that nobody had ever done, and using a young girl as the victim of demon possession, was also very controversial. The make up, sound effects, special effects, were top notch and still effective today. It's a must see for any serious horror fan.

Horrorman
01-25-2008, 04:48 PM
Finally it sounds like someone besides me seen it when it first came out. If this isn't a horror movie I do not know what is. The original Exorcist was the best. The other sequels paled in comparison to the original. I have not seen a movie since then that actually scared me and I have seen a lot. The Freddy Krueger, Jason, and Michael Myers movies were entertaining but not scary in my humble opinion. I have seen all the Saw movies and they were just a blood spattered gore fest like all the others. I like all of these movies but I just was not scared by any of them.

joker jr.
01-25-2008, 07:12 PM
like I said, though, Saw 1 had no gore or death in it until the very end, then it just exploded with quite realistic violence and bloodshed. in fact.. I'm suprised Saw 1 was even considered a horror movie, to me it seemed more like a crime drama.

bloody boy
02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
A Nightmare on Elm Street, Evil Dead 2: Dead by Dawn
Wes Craven's Shocker, 976-Evil, Demons, Deadly Friend
Basket Case, these flicks are totally bitching and scary!!!
and many others.

duckula666
03-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Hard to disagree with The Exorcist as best horror movie.

Honourable mentions: Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Haute Tension, The Innocents

Guilty pleasure: The Devils Rejects (Captain Spaulding is ace!)

Bataeu
03-16-2008, 05:35 PM
I have too many favourites...

At the moment I'm on a Fulci high, so I'm going to go with City of the Living Dead.

siddey1
03-24-2008, 06:14 AM
I gotta say the Exorcist. It may have a slow storyline, with some boring parts about some priests, but you don't expect it to scare you that much.
It was about a week after watching this that I realised she was the star of everyone's "favourite" maze game, the scary maze.

Horrorman
03-24-2008, 04:26 PM
Alright! Another vote for the Exorcist. I like you already.

joker jr.
03-24-2008, 08:22 PM
I'm odd.
I still have never watched The Exorsist.

All I remember is the Priest walking around in an empty room with flies on his face.

krell
03-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Not really a fan of the excorcist. That part of the 70's was loaded with possesion and satanic movies [Sentinel,Rosemarys baby,etc.] and excorcist was,IMO,no better than many of the era.
To me the greatest horror flick of all time comes down to two titles.The Val Lewton produced The Body Snatcher,and Jaws. Body snatcher is eerie and heavy on the atmosphere and features Boris Karlof in what might be his finest{and creepiest}role.
As for Jaws?Well,I have NEVER gone back in the ocean.THAT is horror.

Double L
03-25-2008, 11:19 AM
I'm odd.
I still have never watched The Exorsist.

All I remember is the Priest walking around in an empty room with flies on his face.

Wasn't that 'Amityville' ?

I'm not sure, i haven't seen Exorcist

krell
03-25-2008, 03:43 PM

Yep,thats the one.

joker jr.
03-25-2008, 07:43 PM

Might have been, I dunno.

Edit: You're right. :F

Phantom Queen
04-19-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm a big fan of the older movies like Nosferatu. I don't know if I have a favorite but it seems that the movies from that era have haunted me far more than any modern day horror flicks. For instance, Hitchcock's The Birds was not frightening when I watched it but the next day as I stood on the back porch waiting for the school bus the biggest flock of starlings I had ever seen shadowed the sky. It was really creepy. Another one I can think of is Carnival of Souls (1962), dead but not...the visuals were very eerie and I was left with a feeling of unsettledness that lasted all evening and still creeps up on me when I think about it. While the newer movies may scare and shock me, its the older ones that leave me truly frightened.

http://www.freewebs.com/phantomqueen/

Red Hot
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Wonderful taste, PQ! I agree - the older movies do frighten one more than the new flicks out now.

Goat Face
04-23-2008, 12:09 PM
I have never seen the exorcist but Im surprise that nobody put down Dawn of the Dead(1978). I know that those gore effects sure scared the hell out of me!!!:D ( is the exorcist really that good?)

Goat Face
04-23-2008, 12:14 PM
What is City Of the Living Dead about? I have never heard of it and I am a zombie nutcase!!!!

DeeHart
04-25-2008, 07:10 PM
What do you people out there consider the greatest horror movie of all time.

texas chain saw massacre
night of the living dead

vampirexpsycho
04-30-2008, 04:08 AM
I'd have to say, The Shining, Salem's Lot and Stephen King's IT

Slasher-Freak97
04-30-2008, 09:55 AM
Halloween (1978), yet Scream (1996) was a very Scary & Good asss flick as well though, & Scream was the 1st horror i ever saw when i was 5 years old, Dam that long)!

Malachai
04-30-2008, 05:35 PM
Among my favorites... The Thing, Texas Chainsaw, The Evil Dead, Jaws, The Fly and The Descent.

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 03:09 AM
The Descent was definitely a weird movie, with lots of gore and they interpretated really well how a claustrophobic person can be in a situation like that. =P It gave me the creeps.

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 08:19 AM
Another great movie(at least for us, girls) was Teeth. =D

Red Hot
05-01-2008, 09:09 AM
Another great movie(at least for us, girls) was Teeth. =D

Teeth???? I never heard of that flick!!

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 09:24 AM
It's not known by many people, it's disturbing for every guy who watches it though.
If you're interested, here are the links to part 1 and 2. (couldn't find the whole movie in just one part)

http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=c0eb9c8af7877b325069958a8d4c8 e91 (http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=c0eb9c8af7877b325069958a8d4c8 e91)

http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=77887bd1b4c2322410b7958abb519 3d2 (http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=77887bd1b4c2322410b7958abb519 3d2)

Malachai
05-01-2008, 11:11 AM
I've heard of "Teeth", its on my list of movies I need to get a hold of. I'm a guy but I think I can hack it. I'm married so I'm fairly confident I don't have to worry about teeth being where they shouldn't be.

Red Hot
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
I've heard of "Teeth", its on my list of movies I need to get a hold of. I'm a guy but I think I can hack it. I'm married so I'm fairly confident I don't have to worry about teeth being where they shouldn't be.

:eek:
Yikes! Ouch! Oh the horror!!

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 12:03 PM
*VP laughs her ass off as she rolls on the ground.* Oh God, my stomach! XD Hahaha. *sighs* I can't image someone having teeth there. =O But if you think about it, it's not that bad at all, rapers would stay away from you or have their pride taken away from 'em. =P

Malachai
05-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Well since women can't grow teeth in their vagina's you could always purchase one of these...
http://www.rapestop.net/faq/index.asp
It sure beats putting actual shards of glass in there like they say the Vietcong women used to do before sleeping with Americans. Don't know if its true or not.
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/04/10/rapestop1.jpg

Now I'm new to the forum so I'm stepping over the line here just let me know. Seeing that its a horror forum I would think a discussion like this wouldn't be out of bounds.

Supposedly the Sarlacc from "Return of the Jedi" is supposed to symbolize Vagina dentata.
http://www.rocketfettscollection.com/swchpics/sarlacc.jpg

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Yeah, when I was looking for info about the movie Teeth, I stumbled on some info about that anti-rape condom for women. Seems pretty painful, and other thing; I don't think it works because it looks pretty ilogic? I mean, it looks more like a normal condom for men. O_o

Malachai
05-01-2008, 12:28 PM
I can see how it would work. If you look closely on the right hand edge you can see the backward pointing razors on the interior.

Slasher-Freak97
05-01-2008, 01:15 PM
It's not known by many people, it's disturbing for every guy who watches it though.
If you're interested, here are the links to part 1 and 2. (couldn't find the whole movie in just one part)

http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=c0eb9c8af7877b325069958a8d4c8 e91 (http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=c0eb9c8af7877b325069958a8d4c8 e91)

http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=77887bd1b4c2322410b7958abb519 3d2 (http://www.fliqz.com/public/aspx/freedefault.aspx?vid=77887bd1b4c2322410b7958abb519 3d2)

Just a Non-Theatrical Rip Off of Darkness Falls)!

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 01:32 PM
Okay, you're getting a little annoying. Will you like, stop giving a why-this-movie-sucked-comment on every post about movies? I know it's a thread where you should do it but you never seem to say something good about the film? =P

Slasher-Freak97
05-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Okay, you're getting a little annoying. Will you like, stop giving a why-this-movie-sucked-comment on every post about movies? I know it's a thread where you should do it but you never seem to say something good about the film? =P

I could say what i want, You just stay the Hell outta my face, I just got here I aint got no time for this Shi*

Malachai
05-01-2008, 01:50 PM
How can a movie about a toothy vagina be anything like Darkness Fall?

vampirexpsycho
05-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Just because you could it doesn't mean that you should. And being new on here doesn't mean you should treat people like that, but now I am the one getting mad. Or you quit being a drag or get your ass out of here if it doesn't appeal to you, brat.

Goat Face
05-01-2008, 02:23 PM
I could say what i want, You just stay the Hell outta my face, I just got here I aint got no time for this Shi*
O.K., enough with the hate and stop being rude to VP, f*** you very much.

Helphyre
05-02-2008, 01:30 AM
I like The Exorcist too. I think my favorite is still House on Haunted Hill (the first one, with Vincent Price).
As for one that actually really scared me, I would probably have to say Arachnophobia -- since I actually have that phobia, a big poisonous spider chasing people (made all the more realistic since for half of the movie, they used real spiders) is a bigger deal to me than you'd think. ;)

Eyes Without A Face is another one that I thought was pretty great. It wasn't actually done as a horror film, but as an art film, but the theater where it was originally being shown marketed it as a horror film because of the content. I call it a really artistic horror movie. Stunning visuals, really great soundtrack.

Sorry I can't just pick one. I'm sort of a multi-favorite kind of person. :)

Freddy's Fake Head
05-02-2008, 01:52 AM
hmm, probably Day of The Dead (1985) cuz it was just done so well and the gore effects were amazing. I also loved the acting, some of the best acting I've ever seen in a horror film. They really took the film seriously and did a good job actingwise, which is why I love Romero films, Though Land was a bit lacking plotwise.

maximoto
05-02-2008, 02:14 AM
Everyone be nice!

This is a friendly forum. No personal attacks. Opinions are fine as long as they are not insulting.

Thanks.

vampirexpsycho
05-02-2008, 02:27 AM
As for one that actually really scared me, I would probably have to say Arachnophobia -- since I actually have that phobia, a big poisonous spider chasing people (made all the more realistic since for half of the movie, they used real spiders) is a bigger deal to me than you'd think.

Mine too! It's so scary. I almost had a heartattack when one spider that looked like that one from the movie(the one brought to Cali. with the dead photographer) crawled on me at night. =[

red x
05-02-2008, 04:30 AM
the exorcist is cool, it tottaly got me freaked out for 3 weeks, its awesome but i still agree nosferatu can b quite scary, ceratin scenes which put u on the edge of ur seat,
by the way, has any1 here watched a gd zombi movie? i havent watched any lately, 28 weeks l8tr waz a gd 1 i heard although
i stil havent watched it lol:D

Cyclops
05-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Oh a difficult one. I loved Omen when I saw it and still find it chilling. Also the Amytiville Horror,the original. Then there's Poltergeist,that really creeped me first time I saw it. See I like scary films rather than slasher types. Was never a fan of Nightmare on Elm street,that kind of thing. Also there's the Thing. Yes its SF but scary as hell! I also liked Blair Witch and The Ring,the Grudge etc,creepy stuff about the unknown rather than blood and guts stuff.

vampirexpsycho
05-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Poltergeist is awesome, The Ring too since it is also about a little girl and a television. =D It's definitely one of the best horror movies ever made, in my opinion.

Goat Face
05-02-2008, 01:42 PM
hmm, probably Day of The Dead (1985) cuz it was just done so well and the gore effects were amazing. I also loved the acting, some of the best acting I've ever seen in a horror film. They really took the film seriously and did a good job actingwise, which is why I love Romero films, Though Land was a bit lacking plotwise.
Yeah, I love Romero movies too. especially Dawn of the Dawn. I haven't gotten around to seeing Diary of the Dead, but I plan to buy it on DVD when it comes out(I wanna say May 20)

Slasher-Freak97
05-02-2008, 03:10 PM
How can a movie about a toothy vagina be anything like Darkness Fall?

Well last i heard it was something with the evil spirit that the kids with their teeth fall out, BUT THIS IS WHAT I HEARD FROM A WEBSITE, So i could be wrong, do NOT Bash me for it, i heard this somewhere else)!:cool:

Slasher-Freak97
05-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Just because you could it doesn't mean that you should. And being new on here doesn't mean you should treat people like that, but now I am the one getting mad. Or you quit being a drag or get your ass out of here if it doesn't appeal to you, brat.

#1:If you dont like wha im doing Shut the hell up. #2:How in what am i treating people ""Mean"" by making a Nasty Comment about a flick???:confused: #3:If you dont like what im doing, you quit being a ""Pain in the Ass"" or get Your Little Ass outta here! You Follow Me Now?;););)

vampirexpsycho
05-02-2008, 03:25 PM
Clearly you're just too damn dumb to understand that by "mean" I meant telling me to get the hell outta your face and such. But let's leave that aside since it's too complicated for you to understand. And if you don't like what I am saying I would shut up if I were you, before I got my ass kicked out of here, and by all means I can make that happen, capiche? And yeah, I am a pain in the ass and if that doesn't appeal to you, just don't bother replying to me, it just means that you're the one seeking for a pain in the ass. And if you still don't understand, just shut up and let it be, because you know, if you want I could go on with this all day. Follow me now darling?

Goat Face
05-02-2008, 03:35 PM
#1:If you dont like wha im doing Shut the hell up. #2:How in what am i treating people ""Mean"" by making a Nasty Comment about a flick???:confused: #3:If you dont like what im doing, you quit being a ""Pain in the Ass"" or get Your Little Ass outta here! You Follow Me Now?;););)

Okay slasher, if you keep using that kind of language around Karla it WILL GET PERSONAL! you WILL treat her like a lady, and not just something you can degrade like a piece of meat! SO...just try to remember that she is a PERSON, who HAS feelings, and FRIENDS who will not put up with the likes of scum like you. AND REMEMBER, you are not welcome here by me unless you stop making yourself look like an asshole!=[

Slasher-Freak97
05-02-2008, 03:39 PM
Okay slasher, if you keep using that kind of language around Karla it WILL GET PERSONAL! you WILL treat her like a lady, and not just something you can degrade like a piece of meat! SO...just try to remember that she is a PERSON, who HAS feelings, and FRIENDS who will not put up with the likes of scum like you. AND REMEMBER, you are not welcome here by me unless you stop making yourself look like an asshole!=[

Dude, ""Personal"" (Its a freaking Internet Site) Calm the hell down, #2:Im not degrading her she Just Doesnt like How im Commenting soo badly on movies so she goes off on me, But guess what its NOT GONNA FREAKING HAPPEN, #3:Youre No Admin, or Mod, So i could give a Shi* If you welcome me or Not! Follow Me Now???:rolleyes:

vampirexpsycho
05-02-2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't go off on you, if that's the reason why you got so winded up for. I just asked why you kept pointing out just the bad parts of the movies. Now, if that's a crime I'm so sorry I broke your rules of "what you should say to me and not". (not)
So just calm the freaking hell down okay, and stop cussing and telling me to get off the site because that AIN'T gonna happen. So keep your cool and try to be at least polite.

Goat Face
05-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Dude, ""Personal"" (Its a freaking Internet Site) Calm the hell down, #2:Im not degrading her she Just Doesnt like How im Commenting soo badly on movies so she goes off on me, But guess what its NOT GONNA FREAKING HAPPEN, #3:Youre No Admin, or Mod, So i could give a Shi* If you welcome me or Not! Follow Me Now???:rolleyes:
OKAY! I LIKE VP, A LOT!! OK! SO YES IT IS PERSONAL! AND YOU HAVE YOUR OWN OPINIONS!! GREAT!! BUT YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE A DICK TO HER OR ME!! AND OH YEAH, MAX IS A MONITOR, AND IF YOU KEEP BEING NEGATIVE, I WILL ASK HIM TO STEP IN!! I ASKED YOU NICELY TO STOP!! AND PERSONALLY SLASHER, YOU SHOULD CARE WHAT I THINK, THIS IS A SMALL ONLINE COMMUNITY!!WHICH BASICALLY MEANS THAT EVERYONCE IN A LITTLE WHIL WE GET A THUG LIKE YOU WHO CANNOT KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT OR BE NICE! I AM WELCOMED HERE BE OTHER PEOPLE, SO PEOPLE WILL JUST IGNORE YOU SO LONG AS YOU TREAT OTHER MEMBERS LIKE S***!! I MAY NOT BE ABLE TO REACH INTO MY MONITOR AND GIVE YOU A MUCH NEEDED PUNCH IN THE FACE, BUT I CAN SURE AS HELL MAKE YOU LOOK LIKE A D***, CAPICHE!!??!

vampirexpsycho
05-02-2008, 04:05 PM
Alright people, I'm really tired of all this. Let's just all be un-polite together, and shut our little mouths the f*ck up. Now, there. Problem solved, I'll keep my opinions to me, so will slasherfreak and Ryan. Cussing, being rude, etc, doesn't help much. So we'll try to cooperate with ourselves and keep it cool here for the sake of other users. As for SlasherFreak, we'll just not EVER reply to each other's messages again and avoid talking to each other, which seems a very good idea since you're not the nicest person I've talked to in my life. And I am just a pain in your little ass so why even bother talking to me huh?

I think we all got it now, so let's just keep posting which is something we do best!

Goat Face
05-02-2008, 04:07 PM
I agree. You can never win an argument over the internet anyway, no matter how hard you try.

Slasher-Freak97
05-03-2008, 12:48 PM
AGREED)! As Im gonna be Leaving Soon anyway)!:cool::cool::cool:

joker jr.
05-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Honestly, what's the difference between arguing over the internet and arguing in front of each other?
Over the internet you don't have to worry about being sued for accidentally beating the hell out of the other guy. Just because it's text-based communication, doesn't mean people can't be effected by it. All you people act as if just because you're not in each others faces then it means nothing, that's not at all the case.

Anyhow.. Right now I can barely breathe from laughing at the "Teeth" thing and especially Malachai's correcting SF. Lmao.

vampirexpsycho
05-03-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not wanting to be rude, JJ. But I can't recall saying or acting as if just because I'm not facing them in real life it means nothing, like you just said. Au contrair!

Anyways, yeah. The "Teeth" subject was pretty rad, have you seen the movie?

Cyclops
05-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Enough arguing already,we here to discuss that which brings us here.
I just watched The Thing on DVD. What can I say,its a classic,and if you've not seen it I highly recommend it. But then I love John Carpenter films. Anyone reckon there could be an overdue sequel? I've also read the original John Campbell story Who Goes There,class! Alan Dean Foster later did the novelisation,also not bad.

vampirexpsycho
05-03-2008, 03:22 PM
LOL. we stopped arguing like, yesterday already Cyclops. =D

Goat Face
05-03-2008, 03:37 PM
well...over the internet people can just ignore you and tell you to STFU and leave.

Goat Face
05-03-2008, 03:39 PM
Enough arguing already,we here to discuss that which brings us here.
I just watched The Thing on DVD. What can I say,its a classic,and if you've not seen it I highly recommend it. But then I love John Carpenter films. Anyone reckon there could be an overdue sequel? I've also read the original John Campbell story Who Goes There,class! Alan Dean Foster later did the novelisation,also not bad.

LoL yeah you're a little late, and I doubt there will be a sequel.( There should have been though!!) that's a great movie

Cyclops
05-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Yea in the extras there's a photo with the words The End?
I don't think its too late at all,look at the gap between 2001 and 2010,Oddessy 2

Slasher-Freak97
05-03-2008, 05:51 PM
LOL. we stopped arguing like, yesterday already Cyclops. =D

Yeah i had to let you have the last word, cause you were Not gonna let me have the last word, ****:mad:

Red Hot
05-03-2008, 05:57 PM
Wow! There has not been a disagreement on HF in a long, long time, right JJ???
I still prefer classics as Nosferatu, Rosemary's Baby, Psycho, House of Wax, etc etc to scare the living daylights out of me!

As for a more recent movie, I stupidly forgot the name of it but it stared Kevin Costner and it had to do with contacting the dead.

Malachai
05-03-2008, 08:33 PM

I think Day of the Dead is greatly underrated, I like that one a lot. Land of the Dead I didn't much care for. Anyone see the Day remake? I thought it sucked. Rent it, don't buy it.

Malachai
05-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Honestly, what's the difference between arguing over the internet and arguing in front of each other?
Over the internet you don't have to worry about being sued for accidentally beating the hell out of the other guy. Just because it's text-based communication, doesn't mean people can't be effected by it. All you people act as if just because you're not in each others faces then it means nothing, that's not at all the case.

Anyhow.. Right now I can barely breathe from laughing at the "Teeth" thing and especially Malachai's correcting SF. Lmao.

I wouldn't even call this arguing. This is just immature bickering, idle threats and name calling. On most of the forums I frequent this thread would have been locked and members would have been banned. Then again this isn't like most forums I frequent in many regards.

Helphyre
05-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Yay, Maximoto. :)

I have wanted to see Teeth for a while--I got told about it by a friend online who made the comment, "It would be really great if teeth like that were an option."
She's hilarious. I agreed, though. Now boys, don't flinch--I may be anti-social and eschew dating, but in this case I just meant in the possible event of a psycho rapist, you need every weapon you can get. ;)

I also enjoyed John Carpenter's The Thing, although the first time I watched it, I missed (for some reason) the first 3-4 minutes. It turns out those are really important to the plot ;) and so then when the alien-dog's head split open, I thought it was one of the normal dogs, and had the reaction, "NOOO!! They killed the DOGGIE!!!"
Eventually I got around to watching the movie and rooting for the people. Eventually. For a while I wouldn't watch it because of all the dogs dying. LOL. I had my priorities a little skewed--I still dislike movies where pets die.
Apparently, The Thing was part of Carpenter's Apocalypse Trilogy. I haven't seen the other two installments yet.
Speaking of John Carpenter, his The Fog movie was pretty awesome.

Am I the only one, or are the remakes of really good old horror movies usually pretty lame?

At least the bickering is over. Or rather, I won't see it anymore, because of my ignore list. Handy little invention. A peaceful way of excluding things from your line of view. I highly recommend it.

Malachai
05-03-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm not big on Ghost movies but I will agree that The Fog was pretty awesome. As for remakes; yeah, they generally suck.

Helphyre
05-04-2008, 02:24 AM
Ghost movies are a vice of mine. Actually all horror movies, but, well... ;)
I actually saw "Blacula" and "Scream, Blacula, Scream"on TCM the other night. I was impressed--but mostly with the gigantic hairstyles. Although, the guy who played Blacula was definitely cool. Contrasted with his fellow fangers who used jive slang constantly, he was pretty collected, which made the movie kinda neat. A little campy, but neat.
Don't tell me I'm the only person on the planet who's seen those! ;)

vampirexpsycho
05-04-2008, 02:46 AM
=0 Bracula? Is he a vampire too? Kind of a cheezy name. XD

joker jr.
05-04-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm a bit confused, VP... What?

LOL Malachai. Immature bickering is an excellent way to describe it.

Indeed Helph, but don't you think there might be some instances where you'd get just a little too excited and accidentally trigger them?

I've wanted to watch Blacula for a long time but never actually got around to it. Is it as funny as they make it seem?

vampirexpsycho
05-04-2008, 06:35 AM
SORRY. I was a little sleepy when I wrote that, I meant Blacula. I've never watched that movie(or whatever it is) so I asked Helphyre if that Blacula was a vampire too!

You know, Blacula sounded a little familiar with Dracula...

Goat Face
05-04-2008, 06:54 AM
Yea in the extras there's a photo with the words The End?
I don't think its too late at all,look at the gap between 2001 and 2010,Oddessy 2
Well, if its a newer DVD, then they probably will. John Carpenter should. You dont need Kurt Russel because he died at the end(?) so he could start a completely new cast and it wouldnt matter.

Red Hot
05-04-2008, 06:54 AM
I wouldn't even call this arguing. This is just immature bickering, idle threats and name calling. On most of the forums I frequent this thread would have been locked and members would have been banned. Then again this isn't like most forums I frequent in many regards.

FYI - Master Maxi runs alot and I mean ALOT of forums, plus he has a personal life and he does need to sleep so, it is up to us members to make it a point and be voluntary moderators to PM Maxi when name calling and threats come up in a thread and he will take care of it!!!:)

Cyclops
05-04-2008, 07:01 AM
FYI - Master Maxi runs alot and I mean ALOT of forums, plus he has a personal life and he does need to sleep so, it is up to us members to make it a point and be voluntary moderators to PM Maxi when name calling and threats come up in a thread and he will take care of it!!!:)

Sleep? I thought he was a vampire! ;)

Goat Face
05-04-2008, 07:09 AM
I think Day of the Dead is greatly underrated, I like that one a lot. Land of the Dead I didn't much care for. Anyone see the Day remake? I thought it sucked. Rent it, don't buy it.

Yeah, I would call Day of the dead underrated, it was pretty awesome. I havent seen the remake, but right now I'm just waiting for Diary to come out on DVD.

Red Hot
05-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Sleep? I thought he was a vampire! ;)

LMAO! I thought that as well but he informed me otherwise - he is WONDFERFULLY human!!!:)

Malachai
05-04-2008, 07:14 AM

I understand all that, perhaps some new moderators should be recruited if he doesn't have time for it? It seems to be a fairly inactive forum, can't be that difficult. I don't know and honestly don't care. If it is his forum he can do with it what he wants. I was just making an observation.

Red Hot
05-04-2008, 08:08 AM
I understand all that, perhaps some new moderators should be recruited if he doesn't have time for it? It seems to be a fairly inactive forum, can't be that difficult. I don't know and honestly don't care. If it is his forum he can do with it what he wants. I was just making an observation.

We are like family here so moderating is usually made up of each of us, voluntarily. It has worked wonders for us all in how we deal with problems, which by the way, are very seldom.
So, welcome to HF and enjoy your posting!

Goat Face
05-04-2008, 08:20 AM
personally, I think its better with no little moderators. I dont like it when people get on me all the time when i act like a jerk, I would like to have that person tell me I was a jerk XD

Slasher-Freak97
05-04-2008, 09:08 PM

Well i gotta tell you now)! I wouls NOT appoint as a Mod, as you would take your job too dam serious for me, Shi*, I aint got time for all that, you act like alittle Sissy:confused::confused::confused:

Freddy's Fake Head
05-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah, I would call Day of the dead underrated, it was pretty awesome. I havent seen the remake, but right now I'm just waiting for Diary to come out on DVD.

Agreed the original day is fantastic and has a much more in depth plot than the previous 2 it is paced better and keeps you on the edge of your seat the whole time. It's my fav. of the original trilogy. I love the new one too, while not necessarilly an A film it is very entertaining and a fun watch.

Malachai
05-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Well i gotta tell you now)! I wouls NOT appoint as a Mod, as you would take your job too dam serious for me, Shi*, I aint got time for all that, you act like alittle Sissy:confused::confused::confused:

Don't worry, I don't want to be a moderator here. As for taking my job too seriously? No; thats not it. Its just when I view a thread hoping to discuss horror movies I don't want to see a bunch of kids name calling and bickering instead. If I wanted to do that I would substitute at the elementary school.

maximoto
05-07-2008, 12:19 PM
FYI: This forum is moderated based on member respect and assistance.

If you have a problem, just let me know and I will help you out...if you become a problem...I will help you OUT.

No personal attacks are tolerated!

Helphyre
05-08-2008, 05:10 AM
Indeed Helph, but don't you think there might be some instances where you'd get just a little too excited and accidentally trigger them?

Huh??? What would I trigger, JJ? OH the teeth. Doubtful. When Nature provides a defense system, it usually also provides a naturally-occurring failsafe. :)

Blacula is an interesting character--very calm, collected, very un-70's. I have to say it for the actor who played him, he did very well with the "I'm ancient and poised here, people" thing. I think that the name makes it a bit campy. Then there's the script...well, it's interesting. I don't know whether it's a spoof film or not! But it's interesting to watch. It has it's funny moments, whether intentional or not.

E.F. Benson
05-13-2008, 07:43 PM
I'd have to say, The Shining, Salem's Lot and Stephen King's IT

I take it your a Stephen King fan. I'm surprised you didn't mention "Carrie".

Helphyre
05-13-2008, 11:52 PM
I like Stephen King, too. Although I prefer Rose Red. Personally, I feel that quite a few, if not all, of the movie adaptations of his books didn't quite give them justice. Maybe that's just me. :)
Carrie was pretty awesome, though. Except for the pink bathwater, which I think was a flub in accuracy (blood in water is more of a reddish brown), but visually, it worked in a strange way.

vampirexpsycho
05-14-2008, 06:04 AM
Rose Red is one of Stephen King's greatest movies. I even got scared of mansions for a while after watching it.

Helphyre
05-14-2008, 09:03 PM
Really? Ever since that movie, I've wanted to live in one! ;)

TMac
05-16-2008, 09:39 PM
Well, to me, the greatest horror movie of all time would have to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Probably because it was somewhat based on a true story.

Phantom Queen
05-20-2008, 01:55 PM
The Shining definitely rates up there, Carnival of Souls and Cube are also some of my favorites. I really like psychological horror.

Beast
07-20-2008, 02:20 AM
'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' is easily the greatest horror film in history.

Cyclops
07-20-2008, 02:33 AM
'The Texas Chain Saw Massacre' is easily the greatest horror film in history.

Oh surely you must be joking!

StarPsycho29
07-21-2008, 10:13 AM
Well, to me, the greatest horror movie of all time would have to be The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. Probably because it was somewhat based on a true story.

Really?, imagine seeing that in real life =/

StarPsycho29
07-21-2008, 10:14 AM
The Grudge is okay... But im saying The Exorcist

AllHellBreakingLoose
07-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I'd say The Leprechaun influenced such movies as Halloween and The Tex Chainsaw Massacre, it's definately in the acting

AllHellBreakingLoose
07-22-2008, 03:20 AM
Iraqnaphobia?

Cyclops
07-22-2008, 03:23 AM
Iraqnaphobia?

Lol that would be more of a horror than that Texas chainsaw movie. I mean a film about someone destroying chainsaws,who came up with that idea? ;)

grigorii
07-22-2008, 10:43 PM
texas chainsaw was based loosley on ed gein who really only killed 2 women and his brother (i think) in plainfeild wisconsin (not texas) the fact was tobe hooper based texas chainsaw on tid bits hed heard about when he was younger and didnt even know the name ed gein when he made texas chainsaw. the interesting thing is nightmare on elm street had more truth to it than texas chainsaw massacre. wes craven wrote it based on old newspaper articles he collected about sleep disorders in one case a teenage boy was claiming he couldnt sleep convinced his nightmares were going to kill him. he was forced to take sleeping pills that his mother would watch him take herself every night. a few days later his mother found him dead in his bed. his pillowcase filled with the sleeping pills and his closet had a can of coffee grounds with a spoon in it. just like in the first nightmare movie. the name fred krueger comes from wes cravens childhood bully and the look of freddy kruger comes from a traumatic childhood experience involving a hobo in a fedora and sweater. nightmare on elm street probably isnt the best movie ever but probably one of the most inspired

Cyclops
07-23-2008, 12:56 AM
Interesting stuff grigori!

Cyclops
07-23-2008, 01:20 AM
You know i just remembered i've seen a film called,or about Ed Gein. And of course it wasn't classed as a horror,more along the lines of Silence of the Lambs and yet this Texas Chainsaw movie IS classed as a horror. Strange,i don't see it in that genre at all.

AllHellBreakingLoose
07-28-2008, 01:53 PM
i thought tex chainsaw was kinda like Beetlejuice, ya know?

Cyclops
07-29-2008, 03:33 AM
i thought tex chainsaw was kinda like Beetlejuice, ya know?

You're a strange one! ;)

hindustallion
07-29-2008, 05:43 AM
Jeepers Creepers III

Soulshaker
07-30-2008, 12:47 PM
I haven't seen any of the Jeepers Creepers III movies. What makes the third one your favorite?

MySweet1408
08-13-2008, 03:01 AM
1408 (I think you would of guessed that from my username). That film is just so cool and 100% scary lol. Maybe not to you people but to me it was scary.

lynnval
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
I think the scariest and most controversial in my opinion would be either The Exorcist (one of my favorites) or Cannibal Holocaust.

disturbia
08-17-2008, 11:01 AM
i really dont get why everybody thinks the exorcist is scary, tried to see it again and again, dont see the scary part?, well, different taste...
My fav:.... havent got one actually, just love all kinds of horror films!. :D

Game Over
08-20-2008, 04:21 PM
all horror movies is amazing ;)

bigmike667
08-22-2008, 05:43 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre

E.F. Benson
08-24-2008, 07:56 PM
i really dont get why everybody thinks the exorcist is scary, tried to see it again and again, dont see the scary part?, well, different taste...
My fav:.... havent got one actually, just love all kinds of horror films!. :D

Here we go again, more hating on "The Exorcist", especially by young people, probably backlash from it so often being referred to the the scariest movie ever. Anyway, most people, I know, even those who hate the movie, like the originally deleted scene of Regan's backward "spiderwalk" down the stairs. Are you going to seriously tell me that's not a scary part?

Control Denied
11-12-2008, 10:51 PM
I have Dawn of the Dead Tats.. So there is my answer :)

Horrorman
11-13-2008, 06:17 AM
Here we go again, more hating on "The Exorcist", especially by young people, probably backlash from it so often being referred to the the scariest movie ever. Anyway, most people, I know, even those who hate the movie, like the originally deleted scene of Regan's backward "spiderwalk" down the stairs. Are you going to seriously tell me that's not a scary part?

The older folks like us found it scary because it was the first movie of that time to show extremely horrific makeup effects and foul language.
The young folks have become immuned to this movie because they have grown up with hundreds of movies that show this stuff again and again.
It was probably much scarier to me because when I first saw it back in the 70s I was stoned on pot. That was a real good idea!"
I remember looking in the rear view mirror of my car on the way home thinking Linda Blair would be popping up with that demon face!"
Her rolled up eyes and demonic smile stayed clear in my mind for a long time afterwards. Yes kids, your mom and dad probably were stoned in the 70s!" Surprise Surprise!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rodr-Evil
11-19-2008, 01:33 PM
Hellraiser I & II, The Thing, Alien, The Exorcist.

StarPsycho29
01-01-2009, 06:20 PM
The Exorcist. It was the first movie to use graphic, horrific makeup effects and language derived from Hell itself. Many people at that time found themselves having nightmares about it for months afterwards. It had you hanging on the edge of the theater seat trying not to run out. The movie gave you the feeling that the director of this movie had no second thoughts about displaying images that had never been seen before. It was the first of its kind.

Good film, 9 people actually died during the making of it...hmm :eek:

StarPsycho29
01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
The Exorcism of Emily Rose was perfect for me, not to scary, not to unscary, I loved it, thats my fav horror movie =)

531productions
01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Re-Animator for sure.

itsshellysworld
01-09-2009, 10:23 AM
Halloween is the best

531productions
01-09-2009, 03:38 PM
Night of the Driller!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Ln_EJ02JY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Ln_EJ02JY)

Geedoo
01-15-2009, 08:07 AM
Seen so many good jap/kor/thai horror's, would end up being a long list, but i love Rosemary’s Baby.

flesheater82
01-30-2009, 03:09 PM
Exorcist is friggin scary! but i'm more of a Dead Alive man myself.

Zweiunt
02-04-2009, 04:19 PM
The Thing by John Carpenter. Has a great Lovecraftian feel about it. Excellent! And a great cast...

Yosemite Slam
02-10-2009, 03:28 PM
If it counts as a horror film, my favourite is Quatermass and the Pit (AKA; 5 Million Years to Earth). If that doesn't count as a horror film (which it should), then I'd go for Night of the Demon (AKA; Curse of the Demon). Niall MacGinnis' performance as Karswell the evil occultist is simply brilliant.

spfxmasks
03-06-2009, 03:45 AM
John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)

-SPFXMasks

deadnurse
04-08-2009, 03:25 AM
Night of the Living Dead (1968)

TheWizardOfGore
04-17-2009, 03:54 PM
I'd have to go with John Carpenter's The Thing. I can watch that one over and over.

yeoman
08-19-2009, 06:53 AM
for me its gotta be halloween 1978 or maybe night of the living dead, ive seen halloween bout 20 times and still watching it, lol

The_Thing_82
08-25-2009, 06:52 AM
I'd have to go with John Carpenter's The Thing. I can watch that one over and over.

Ditto! As my screen name reveals, John Carpenter's The Thing is my all-time favorite, no matter the genre. It's an absolute masterpiece.

alphaomega9997
01-30-2010, 09:43 PM
"Army of Darkness" This Movie is Always Entertaining and I could Watch it All Day.

But if it is a Movie that is Straight Horror than "Hellbound Hellraiser 2".

ToxicAvenger
02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Basket Case! or street trash!

DorianDawes
02-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I'm torn between three films, two of which belong to Alfred Hitchcock:

Carnival of Souls - This film is an underrated cult-classic, and is recommended viewing for fans of dreamlike horror and the macabre

The Birds - The slow, comedic way this film begins is a testament to the intelligence, and mastery of its direction and writing

Rear Window - One of the most skillfully shot and executed films of suspense and terror I've ever seen, with some of the most exquisite pieces of writing, as well as a fantastic performance by Jimmy Stewart.

Amongst these three, I cannot choose.

juniordriftwood
02-12-2010, 04:24 PM
Texas Chainsaw Massacre the original I will never get sick of this twisted and disturbing classic.Acting kudos to Marilyn Burns,Ed Neal,and most especially the unforgettable Jim Siedow.Oh Gunnar Hansen gets an honourary award as my favourite horror icon I bow down to Gunnar oops I mean Leatherface.

tecmeister
04-03-2010, 02:35 PM
I would say Nightmare on Elm street. Loved it at the age of three even tho it scared me and I still love it now.

grindhousemovies
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I love chainsaw massacre, elm street, last house on the left, but my faves are evil dead 2 and return of the living dead! But I would probably argue that the exorcist is the greatest horror movie of all time.

Apparently a bunch of people were institutionalised after watching this movie. Something like 2o% of people who saw this fainted.

Did you know that the exorcist was based on a real case? You can watch a documentary on this on my site (sorry for the plug): http://www.grindhousehorrormovies.com/forum/youtube3/page1.html

Bubba
04-11-2010, 07:08 PM
Maniac(1980) Joe Spinnell's chilling and disturbing performance is an acting tour de force and he chews up the scenery up whole here as Frank Zito.Unforgettable horror with a Tom Savini moment no one will ever forget.

TheWizardOfGore
04-12-2010, 07:46 AM
Maniac(1980) Joe Spinnell's chilling and disturbing performance is an acting tour de force and he chews up the scenery up whole here as Frank Zito.Unforgettable horror with a Tom Savini moment no one will ever forget.

Yeah, I love that Savini moment you're talking about. Boom!

reelgore
04-16-2010, 11:58 PM
The texas chainsaw massacre

Mari Collingwood
04-18-2010, 05:34 PM
Rosemary's Baby

horrorfan2788
05-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Nightmare on elm street 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pure fun!

DAINBRAMAGE
05-15-2010, 06:57 AM
there are several films for me that could fall into "the greatest horror film of all" category

THE EXORCIST
THE HAUNTING 1963
JAWS
OLDBOY
AUDITION

honorable mention to:

TCM
SUSPIRIA
CARRIE
NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

Randy
05-15-2010, 07:33 AM
What is "TCM"?

I liked The Haunting okay, but I thought it was a little on the overrated side. (Definitely better than the awful remake though.)

Greg
05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
TCM = Texas Chainsaw Massacre

I felt the Haunting was one of the best horror films if you ask me. I need to write a review on that one.

Kuro
08-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Muppets: Treasure Island.

But seriously, there are so many great horror films that it's impossible to choose one.

I guess..Imprint, The Last Supper, Cello, The Shining, Thirst, Rampo Noir, Evil Dead, Psycho, Devil's Rejects, Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, A tale of Two sisters (American version: The Uninvited)

At the moment I'm way too tired to really decide upon one.

Angel4
08-28-2010, 02:12 PM
Barney's Big Adventure!
That and Martyrs...yea and Imprint too.

morpheustales
09-03-2010, 03:19 AM
SAW! It brought a complete new villain, and the best serial killer since Hannibal Lector!

Angel4
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
OMG morpheus you are sooooo right....how could I forget about the SAW movies!?!?!
I love the ingenius psycho brain of intelligence that *JOHN* had more so then the gore!

Carter Burke
02-07-2011, 06:03 AM
The greates horror movie? That's easy: My Name is Bill.

ily.sierra724
02-09-2011, 07:10 AM
I'm gonna have to go with Halloween (1978). It's one of those films that I can watch a hundred times and never get tired of. There are a lot of great horror movies though.

Richard Cranium
02-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Psycho, Jaws, TCM, Night of the Living Dead, The Thing

ily.sierra724
02-09-2011, 07:58 AM
Psycho, Jaws, TCM, Night of the Living Dead, The Thing Psycho is another great horror movie.

nancylives!
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
psycho, invasion of the body snatchers (1956), bride of frankenstein, nightmare on elm street, phenomena, original king kong, dawn of the dead (1979), the thing (1982).that's the smallest list i can create.

i should clarify that these are MY favorite horror movies of all time, and not necessarily an objective list. best i can do...

Doctor Frankenstein
02-15-2011, 04:03 PM
psycho, invasion of the body snatchers (1956), bride of frankenstein, nightmare on elm street, phenomena, original king kong, dawn of the dead (1979), the thing (1982).that's the smallest list i can create.

i should clarify that these are MY favorite horror movies of all time, and not necessarily an objective list. best i can do...

That is a very good list. I don't think I can really beat that. Good one Nance.

Richard Cranium
02-15-2011, 04:26 PM
That is a very good list. I don't think I can really beat that. Good one Nance.

I like the list with the exception of NOES, but as he said it is just his favorites.

Kersey
02-16-2011, 11:24 AM
I like the list with the exception of NOES, but as he said it is just his favorites.

I was going to post the same thing.

CrookedCross
02-16-2011, 12:38 PM
JC Halloween 1978

williamalarice
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
evil dead for me.