PDA

View Full Version : Tales From The Crypt - Timeless and Always Enjoyable!

Truegho
11-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Tales From The Crypt (1972) was screened again tonight on SKY. This is one of my all-time favourite horror anthology movies, and I never fail to enjoy it each time I watch it. The stories are so well constructed, and I love the twists at the end!

If I were to pick the story that gave me the most shivers from this movie - well, that would be a difficult choice indeed. I mean, they were all good, and each character's end was just as grisly as the others.

The most clever story here, I think, was the one set in the blind man's home. God, how they built that trap with all those razor blades, being blind and all! And WHAT a horrible death they gave "Major Rogers, Sir!"

Great movie. I wish it would come out on DVD in the UK.

joker jr.
11-24-2007, 09:48 PM
I wish the TV show was still on. I mean, they don't even do re-runs anymore, they just plain don't show it.

and, how long has the one you're talking about been out? I'm a bit confused as to whether you mean the original or a remake.. but, if it's either the original or a remake that's been out for a while, you could probably buy it from an online US store and have it shipped to you in UK.

Truegho
11-25-2007, 06:50 AM
I wish the TV show was still on. I mean, they don't even do re-runs anymore, they just plain don't show it.

and, how long has the one you're talking about been out? I'm a bit confused as to whether you mean the original or a remake.. but, if it's either the original or a remake that's been out for a while, you could probably buy it from an online US store and have it shipped to you in UK.

I mean the original Amicus movie, made in 1972, starring Ralph Richardson as the Crypt Keeper.

mr.sasquatch
12-07-2007, 04:39 PM
I have that on VHS. Not bad for something from the 70's.

Truegho
12-07-2007, 07:48 PM
I have that on VHS. Not bad for something from the 70's.

That's good. It is always a great movie to have in your collection.

The Webmaster
www.horrorwriters.net (http://www.horrorwriters.net)

Hellboy
03-14-2008, 09:32 AM
I think Tales from the Crypt gave me my first moments of horror (http://www.csun.edu/%7Ejlg70068/travel/horror.html) :D Used to watch it when I was a child, always exciting.

I'm just glad that my mum didn't find out because that would have been a different moment of horror right there. :)